Project Pressure Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Pressure Washer

So it was my turn to get up on Saturday morning with Elliott so after breakfast we went to a Garage Sale. I picked up a pressure washer motor runs great but the pump is shot. I hooked it up and the motor sounded like it was loaded, pull the trigger and the motor went back to sounding like there was no load, and the water came out at hose pressure, the firs few times the water came out brown. So i started to pull the pump apart. Any idea how to get the valves (white plastic) out? Also one of the rings? is stuck.

Anyone have good luck rehabing a pressure washer or is a new pump in order?

Last edited by Russell; March 5, 2016, 08:23 PM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

When we bought a pressure washer, my business partner researched the matter... some pumps are rebuildable, some are disposable. Google to check for rebuild parts... otherwise find a new pump or put the engine on a go-kart :D

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
      When we bought a pressure washer, my business partner researched the matter... some pumps are rebuildable, some are disposable. Google to check for rebuild parts... otherwise find a new pump or put the engine on a go-kart :D

x2. That looks like a rebuildable one to me. Where to get parts and such though, I'm not sure.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have found some parts for it, I am having trouble disassembling it. The values will not com out. disposable pump are not much more than the parts to fix this one. I think if I have to buy anything I will get a new cheap pump.

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

ToolBarn.com offers a large selection of online power tools, hand tools, nail guns, fasteners & pressure washer parts from top brands like Milwaukee, DEWALT, Karcher, Senco, Makita & more!

parts manual for the pump, which is surprisingly expensive... I didn't price any of the parts but that may help?

ToolBarn.com offers a large selection of online power tools, hand tools, nail guns, fasteners & pressure washer parts from top brands like Milwaukee, DEWALT, Karcher, Senco, Makita & more!

back in the dark ages, the guys in the shop wouldn't touch a small pump because they were usually flat worn out. I'm thinking GO KART MOTOR!!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

needle nose? It doesn't look like there is anything mechanical holding them in... maybe some gunge in there keeping them from falling out. There looks to be a lot of brass on that pump, and not a lot of visible wear from the pictures. Maybe pour some MMO in the valves and let it soak, oil up the o-rings and stick it back together. I didn't see a lot other than o-rings and the valves that could go wrong. The valve kit has 6 check valves which is all of them for 48.00. I'd consider that if they won't loosen up. They may just be caked up where they won't cycle right.

Comment

The valve o-rings are stuck in the bore. Soak the valves with penetrating oil, block the ports, and blow them out of the bore with compressed air. They'll come right out.

Comment

$48 for the valves reminds me of the time I paid $12 for a carb kit the $23 for a new carburetor. I tried needle nose pliers. I might have to get a tap to fix the treads I have dinged ting to get them out. I think if I could get the rust and scale out it would work.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

35 bucks is dirt cheap compared to a new engine and would still have been dirt cheap back in 1986 when I quit working on small engines for a living...:we got that for just the labor 30 years ago!

try soaking it in vinegar? Seriously - it's mildly acidic, might eat the rust.

Comment

While I enjoy working on and learning how things work, I have limited time to do it and a long way to go on the mustang, I wish Hot Rod would give the dates of DWend East, It would give me a dead line to work towards. With the $100 China Honda engines and $100 replacement pumps it make removeal and replacement real tempting.

I have a go cart it looks alot like an 87 Mustang coupe, I think it will need more than a 200 cc Honda

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

I bought one from TSC that was sold as is with a bad pump. I got it cheap, pulled the pump apart and cleaned it but it didn't work to well. I went on ebay and bought a new pump from Northern Tools. Same brand pump. The typical home owner pumps are pretty much disposable. Buy a new one.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Its soaking in PB Blaster right now, of course before I did that I dropped it on the concrete floor and it deformed the top where the value cap screws in so if it was not junk before it more than likely is now... I was hoping it would work after a good cleaning, from what I can tell was a $300 pump.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

I was able to pull a couple of the valves out after soaking. One looked good one was rusted through. So I ordered a new pump it came in today. The quick connect would not fit. I need to get a pipe nipple. Also I will look for some Allen head bolts to make life easier.

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Picked up a nipple and four Allen head bolts, tomorrow we power wash!

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Whoo-hoo! When you're done our house could use a scrub. And you could swing by in the morning and hose the yellow pollen off the cars, and..........

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X