Ruth’s “Daily Driver” BB El Camino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth’s “Daily Driver” BB El Camino

Hi Everybody. This is my 1964 El Camino. Im building it for my wife to drive around but I have a feeling Im gonna be doing most of the driving. Its going to be a big block car with a 4 speed

[FONT=Arial][url=[/FONT]https://picload.org/view/rwdglcrl/1964elcaminocomeshome.jpg.html][/url]
    Last edited by BBLemond; August 9, 2017, 08:43 AM.

Welcome! More details, please!

You got a double print. That happens sometimes and the only way I've found to fix it is to delete the print and download it again. Not a big deal.

Dan

Comment

keep em' coming folks!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Smart.. Calling it "the wife's" when it is YOUR'S...
        Keep the thread going please!

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like a great candidate for a 502.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Oh, yeah! I've always wanted an El Camino. I look forward to the progress on this one.

Comment

Don't see many '64 Elco's running around. Good luck with the build.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

was just eyeballing a 64 in the parking lot at work today...new guy...frame on refresh....very nice driver. looking forward to seeing this one progress.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Love it! about 18 years ago I had a 67 El Camino for a DD. Went from a 283 to a 427 back to a 283. Miss it. Loved the great visibility and nice ride. Was a nice ride till I put in stiffer bushings and bigger sway bars. (makes me sound old eh?)

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Welcome! More details, please!

You got a double print. That happens sometimes and the only way I've found to fix it is to delete the print and download it again. Not a big deal.

Dan

I dont think it was a double print but a double click. These old fingers dont work nearly as well on a computer as they do a hot rod

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Smart.. Calling it "the wife's" when it is YOUR'S...
                      Keep the thread going please!

SHHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                        Welcome! Sounds like a great candidate for a 502.

YES i agree. Need to buy some stock in the tire company before I start driving it.

Comment

Thanks for all the interest guys. I got some more pics to load up once I get back into to town

Comment

Love the Elco. Looking forward to the updates as the build progresses.
                            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Ok Here we go...

So to start I borrowed my friend rotiserie but i ended up modifying it with larger casters and longer arms. Im working on this at my buddies house who has a barn and big back yard with gravel so I needed something that could go "off road"
                              [FONT=Calibri][url=[/FONT]https://picload.org/view/rwdglciw/carbodyrotiseriefor1964elcamin.jpg.html][/url]
                              Last edited by BBLemond; August 9, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X