Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0678.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	630.6 KB
ID:	1131237 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0677.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	492.8 KB
ID:	1131236Well I thought I would see if any of my pictures will upload. I had a text from one of your members that said the last pictures I posted only came as thumbnails and were hard to see so here is another try. The exhaust is finished except for some high temp powder coating. Also worked on the roll cage but ran out of materials so i"ll be back on that this week.

Comment

Here are a few pictures of the roll cage I have been working on. I was able to fab the main part on my work bench it is all tig welded DOM . Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0680.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	520.7 KB
ID:	1131624 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0683.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	1131625 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0684.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	1131626 120 wall tubing. Now all the rest of the work will have to be in position in the car.

Comment

The cage is lookin' good! I plan to do some refinements on mine over the winter but we'll see how it works out.

Dan

Comment

Well it has been a while since I last updated and I keep putting it off because there are so many things I am working on and not many are complete. Here are a couple shots of the roll cageClick image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0689.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	561.9 KB
ID:	1134832 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0685.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	1134833

Comment

Name:	PIC_0690.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	668.3 KB
ID:	1134955 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0692 (1).JPG
Views:	109
Size:	527.7 KB
ID:	1134956 Here are a couple more pictures, A friend of mine repaired a few dings in the roof and built the roof rails and I built the turbo pipes. The glass has all been removed and will be replaced with lexan as I figured I might as well make it 200MPH legal even though the record I will be running on is only 152 MPH. Once you get into a project you might as well make it legal if the added expence isn't too great.

Comment

Steve: Looks like you're making some headway! GREAT! So, who's helping you out with the bodywork?
              The most likely suspects are Tom B, Bill C,Neil B, or Gary G??
              If you want to re-do the lead in the quarter to roof joints, and the front/rear windshield post joints, I could probably fit that into my hectic schedule, haven't been up to GP to visit anyone since OCT of Last Year
              So, any plans for final paint colour(s)/graphics yet?

Cheers!
              James

Comment

None of the above. Had a good week, turbo pipes are done and I had help on the weekend so they did the roof rails "finished" and brake lines "finished" and I started on the coolant tank for the intercooler. I should be able to post pics in a day or two

Comment

Name:	PIC_0693.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	614.1 KB
ID:	1135962 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0695.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	568.5 KB
ID:	1135963 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0697.JPG
Size:	615.8 KB
ID:	1135964 Here are the pictures from the weekend, You can see the wilwood master cylinder and the bell crank on the throttle linkage. I got a message from some one that wanted to buy some of the interior pieces but I threw them all out..Sorry!!

Comment

Name:	PIC_0699.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	1136899 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0701.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	494.9 KB
ID:	1136900 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0702.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	1136901 well here are the latest pics. That is the ice water tank for the intercooler and that is 12 ft of 1/2 inch tubing that is inside the tank to cool the fuel (if it makes any difference). The fuel cell is mounted on top of the ice water tank and the white that you see is 1 1/2 inch Durofoam insulation. The trunk lid is mounted and held down with hood pins.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0699.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	1136904 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0702.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	1136903 well here are the latest pics. That is the ice water tank for the intercooler and that is 12 ft of 1/2 inch tubing that is inside the tank to cool the fuel (if it makes any difference). The fuel cell is mounted on top of the ice water tank and the white that you see is 1 1/2 inch Durofoam insulation. The trunk lid is mounted and held down with hood pins.

Comment

So there is a space on each side of the radiator that is about 2 1/2 inches wide by 14 inches tall and I figured that would be a good place to pick up air for the turbos so I built some air scoops and I am just waiting on a shipment of aluminum u bends to hook them up. Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0704.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	693.2 KB
ID:	1138216 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0705.JPG
Size:	564.6 KB
ID:	1138217

Comment

Steve - I'll just throw out there about Silicone Intake Systems. GREAT company and CHEAP! I JUST ordered (like, 10 minutes ago) 2 feet of 3 1/2" tubing for the Volvo's intake system - $20.00 and $9.95 shipping. I don't think you can best that! I also ordered up a bunch of silicone fittings and a cone-type filter and everything, including the tube, was under $140 including shipping. I've used them before and the stuff was fine, shipping was prompt, but they simply don't have a phone listing so you HAVE to deal with them online. But for those prices, worth it.

And maybe you're already hip to them.......

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan I'll check them out. I have a mixture of chinese and industrial USA made hump hoses and I would go all USA made but I can't get all the sizes I need.

Comment

I sure can't guarantee that SIS stuff is made in the USA but on the other hand you're not paying USA prices for Chinese stuff. They've held up well in Mutt the Race Truck at 21/22 PSI boost so I guess I'm pretty comfortable with them. On the Volvo they'll just be for NA intake tubing so no concern there at all. Not to dis a sponsor but they (the un-named sponsor) were more than three times the price on that 3 1/2" tube and for no apparent reason, the shipping was almost twice.

Dan

Comment

My aluminum bends showed up so I built the air inlet pipes for the turbos and finished up the fuel lines to the carb. Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0706.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	593.6 KB
ID:	1138809

Comment

Working...
                                X