79 Zephyr Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

I'll start installing the big turbo on Mutt soon so I may be back online to SIS depending of whether what I have now will work on the big turbo.

Dan

Comment

It took a couple of days with cardboard patterns etc. but the rear firewall and package tray are done. Now I can finish the rear roll cage braces. Also built a charging post in the gas filler door. Had help on Saterday so we finished the brakes Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0707.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	1140419 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0708.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	1140420 and bled them.

Comment

Well I finished off the rear 4 roll cage braces. They are attached to the plates that are over the suspension mounts as I figured that would be the strongest part of the unibody. Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0709.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	601.0 KB
ID:	1141763

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0713.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	496.9 KB
ID:	1144239 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0714.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	526.6 KB
ID:	1144240 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0715.JPG
Views:	132
ID:	1144241 OK here are a couple more pictures. The first is a bell crank assembly that bolts to the block in the original engine mount location so now I have a clutch. Second picture is my steering column and the last is all the pedals and column in place. Need to get on wiring and dash next.

Comment

That clutch bracket looks like one of my inventions, right down to the paint job so it looks better than it (maybe) is - at least, that's how my stuff comes out.

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0716.JPG
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	1145087 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0717.JPG
Views:	134
ID:	1145088 Well I pulled the intercooler out so that I could mount the drysump tank and build the oil lines. Got the dash back from powdercoating and just have it set in place with clecos. Mounted the MSD 7 and boost timing retard box. Now it is going to be awhile as I start the wiring

Comment

You are on a mission.. Getting alot done..
                Looking very tasty!

Comment

Name:	PIC_0721.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	489.8 KB
ID:	1146794 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0719.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	1146793well the dash and switch panel are wired but I still have to hook all the wires to where they need to go. The bent grade 8 all thread was supposed to be the clutch rod but I replaced it with 3/4 inch chrome moly tube. didn't engineer that very well but now it is overkill

Comment

overkill is most often a good thing!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Name:	PIC_0725.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	1147887 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0726.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	1147888 So I took a break from wiring to work on the Aluminum bumpers. I had 3 rear bumpers all with corrosion holes so I took the best one and cut the corrosion out and welded in material I cut from one of the other bumpers. The steel mounts for the bumpers were so badly rusted I welded new aluminum ones on the bumper. At the same time I decided to make a removable plate so that I can add ballast in the rear bumper. The front bumper had a few dings so I welded aluminum into the dings and welded the flat bar on to attach the front air dam so now they are ready for powder coating

Comment

Had help on the week end and got most of the wiring done. Had to take the switch panel apart and re wire it as I could only get the engine fan and water pump to run with the ignition on and that does not make sense so now I can run those without the ignition on. All the relays work and we are close to firing it up. I need to know how to post a video when that happenens

Comment

My experience is that vids have to be hosted (YouTube or similar). Otherwise the files are way too big for the format to handle them. Once they're hosted you can just copy the URL and post more or less like a pic - I have to sort of refresh myself on the process each time as I don't do it that often.

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0728.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	599.7 KB
ID:	1150682 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0730.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	519.4 KB
ID:	1150681 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0727.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	1150679 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0729.JPG
Size:	566.7 KB
ID:	1150680 Powder coated bumpers on, wiring almost done [could fire it up but without a couple of gauges], intercooler mounted and plumbed[ minor water leak on one hose] and I took a couple of old Mickey Thompson forged aluminum rods and modified them to support the back of the seat oh and the parachute is on but I need a release cable.

Comment

Well I keep chipping away at the list. Mounted a driveshaft hoop. Built a bracket to hold a pulley so that I can run the dry sump pump without turning the motor over for prelube. Had a friend install the new windshield and I got a sheet of lexan and cut all the rest of the windows. Also built a couple of mounts for the first fire extinguisher.
                              Attached Files

Comment

No reason not to make B'ville if the salt is good!

Comment

Working...
                                X