No announcement yet.

79 Zephyr Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could be but I'm stuck here getting the proton treatments for prostate cancer. I was hoping to be done by now but I couldn't make it happen. Next year.......

Are you really going to let a guy that old drive??!! (I'm 70 also....)

Dan

Comment

Better late than never! I have always wanted to do Bonneville but couldn't afford it until now. (my wife says I can't afford it now either)

Comment

At least you aren't living thru your kids!
        I know damn well at 63 and as hard as the cars are that I build, I'll be taken out in an ambulance!
        Thus I build and watch..

Comment

Well we tried to go to the drags but when we started to load the car we had oil running out of the back of the motor like there was a plug missing. Turned out that was the case. World Product Blocks have an oil passage that goes from the lifter galley to the bellhousing and the head surface. I had plugged the bellhousing passage but missed the one on the head surface. Had to tear down the motor and machine a special plug to fit the passage that goes to the head surface. So no test passes. IN the spirit of Bonneville we will test on the salt.

Comment

That's a really common practice (I mean, testing on the Salt), whether planned or not. Best of luck!

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; July 28, 2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Detail easily overlooked if not know it was there..
              Salt testing...mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                That's a really common practice (I mean, testing on the Salt), whether planned or not. Best of luck!

Dan
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well it is time to load the car and make our way to the saltflats. we have about 24 hrs driving time but I don`t want to be late so we are leaving early Sunday morning. I can text tubbed pacecar and he will post the results. Hero or Zero time!!!!

Comment

Steve: Good luck down there, the only thing I'm not sure of, is should the updates be posted here ( to the build thread,) should we start a new thread, or should they be in one of the other categories??

James
                    Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; August 4, 2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I am not sure I just figured I would continue on this thread unless we are told otherwise. Steve!!

Comment

continue please.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

(I think) Here will be fine or you could start a thread on the LSR heading. Just take us along on the journey, PLEASE!!!!! Remember, I'm living vicariously thru you!

Dan

Comment

Well, just got my FIRST text from Steve, they arrived on the Salt today, got the car unloaded....apparently they're actually a day late, as Tech started yesterday, but they will go through tech Sat AM, and go from there.....

To be continued
                            James F

Comment

Got a text from Steve earlier while I was at a local A & W Cruise night
                              They went through tech , but had a couple of issues, things that weren't in the rulebook ?? (no explanation of what the issue(s) were, but I've asked for details, will edit if I get word back....
                              Anyways, by the time they got things resolved, it was too late for Steve to make his "Rookie Run", so that will take place first thing tomorrow.

Edit: Sun, 13th Aug/17: The issues that had to be fixed yesterday were: Addition of a rollover switch for the fuel pump, adding padding to the roll cage (despite the SFI seat already having it), and sealing the firewall a bit better.....

James F
                              Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; August 13, 2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Please pass on our best wishes of good luck and God Speed!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X