X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 79 Zephyr Bonneville

Wow... Looking Great! Good Luck Today!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

best of luck tomorrow Buddy!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well, Steve's son James just posted a few minutes ago on FB, here is what he said.....

"Well boys and girls we couldnít quite get her done this morning the elusive 200 mph evaded is once again today, after getting so loose yesterday that dad had to abort the run before the 5 mile mark we went into this mornings run with the decision that if is was getting loose again he wouldnít get greedy he would just run it as hard as he felt comfortable. Super proud of his efforts and we will leave Bonneville with a new 190.33mph record thatís a 34 mph improvement over last years 156 record we set. All in all a very successful trip! I mean come on we pushed this brick to over 193 mph this week!!!!

And next year we will be back and on the hunt for that elusive 200 mph hat and to become a part of the 200mph club!

Thanks everyone for following along! Next stop for us will be Seattle this weekend and the NHRA div 6 race...see you there and if not Iíll keep you all updated"

Everything James R has posted over the course of Speed Week is on his FB page, link is below....

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rutherfo...=page_internal

Cheers!
        James F

Comment

Steve - SO GREAT to meet you in Impound! Folks, he's a great guy and wonderfully Canadian - soft spoken and polite, a pleasure to be around. The car did really well and I understand he left with ideas for next year. As we say in the Southern US, he done good!

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Dan. Wished we had more time to get to know each other. Yes, I have more ideas on how to get the power to the ground but I was really pleased to bump the record up 36 MPH. See you next year!!

Comment

Bag up all that salt and take it back next year..... right?
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
              X