No announcement yet.

79 Zephyr Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... Looking Great! Good Luck Today!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• best of luck tomorrow Buddy!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Well, Steve's son James just posted a few minutes ago on FB, here is what he said.....

"Well boys and girls we couldn’t quite get her done this morning the elusive 200 mph evaded is once again today, after getting so loose yesterday that dad had to abort the run before the 5 mile mark we went into this mornings run with the decision that if is was getting loose again he wouldn’t get greedy he would just run it as hard as he felt comfortable. Super proud of his efforts and we will leave Bonneville with a new 190.33mph record that’s a 34 mph improvement over last years 156 record we set. All in all a very successful trip! I mean come on we pushed this brick to over 193 mph this week!!!!

And next year we will be back and on the hunt for that elusive 200 mph hat and to become a part of the 200mph club!

Thanks everyone for following along! Next stop for us will be Seattle this weekend and the NHRA div 6 race...see you there and if not I’ll keep you all updated"

Everything James R has posted over the course of Speed Week is on his FB page, link is below....

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Cheers!
        James F

Comment

• Steve - SO GREAT to meet you in Impound! Folks, he's a great guy and wonderfully Canadian - soft spoken and polite, a pleasure to be around. The car did really well and I understand he left with ideas for next year. As we say in the Southern US, he done good!

Dan

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words, Dan. Wished we had more time to get to know each other. Yes, I have more ideas on how to get the power to the ground but I was really pleased to bump the record up 36 MPH. See you next year!!

Comment

• Bag up all that salt and take it back next year..... right?
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0913.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	1230257Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0910.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	1230258 Well I decided to go for more weight front and back. Bumper is filled with lead bricks and weighs just under 300lbs. I figured with that much weight I should reinforce the bumper mounts. That reinforcement goes through the rad support and picks up two 1/2inch bolts that sandwich the unibody frame

Comment

• Hard to explain to new LSR folks that weight (mass) IS often your friend! But we know it works.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Hard to explain to new LSR folks that weight (mass) IS often your friend! But we know it works.

Dan
                    Same in derby.. To a point.. Too heavy breks trannys and mounts.. But I do get needing more weight.
                    Much rather ride a Gold Wing than a light bike on the freeway! Or corners..

Comment

• It takes power to accelerate mass but not very much to keep it in motion. And you can't do additional acceleration at higher speeds if the tires aren't stuck to the track surface (salt, dirt (El Mirage) or pavement). So additional weight in the right place can really help. I'm not at the point where I need additional ballast as I just don't have the HP to need it.

No, LSR is NOT a long drag race.

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0914.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	1240001 One of my crew that is sports car fan wanted to try a splitter on the bottem of the spoiler. Can't hurt??

Comment

• Guess we'll see what it does!

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0945.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	1244229 Well I decided if I could make lead bricks for the front bumper I should do some for the rear bumper. I have 4 weight boxes in the back of the car and with the rear bumper I can have a total of 1030 lbs if necessary.

Comment

• When are you coming to Blytheville? We'd love to have you. Hope to see you on the Salt this year.

Dan

Comment

• Very cool ! I just found this thread , I didn’t clue in on the title! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X