No announcement yet.

79 Zephyr Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I was having a quick look @ Steve's son James' FB page, and Steve posted on Aug 3rd (Sat) he was heading out for Bonneville the next day (Sun).

Rutherford Family Racing. 1,280 likes. 3 Generations of Ford racers, bracket racing, Top Sportsman, nostalgia, and land speed racing, it’s a family affair

Good luck Steve & family!!

Cheers!
    James F

Comment

• See Steve and fam on Saturday!

Dan

Comment

• Well, from checking in on their FB page periodically, and having the SCTA Bonneville radio station going in the background yesterday, I learned that they were in lineup from very early in the morning yesterday, until about 3:00 PM, when the lanes were shut down by the officials so the crew could begin moving the course over, as the surface was less than ideal, with two bike crashes and 3 cars spinning.
        Today, they lined up again bright and early, and shortly after 1:00 PM, they got to the front of the lineup, and got to go down course, but never got the car wound up enough to bother with fifth (1:1).....went 175.602 mph. BUT, the car was behaving, so they're adding more ballast, throwing some more ice in the intercoolers and tweaking the airbag pressures a bit and lining up again.

See more details on James' FB page https://www.facebook.com/RutherfordsRacing/

Cheers!
        James F
        Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; August 14, 2019, 01:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• So good to see them on the Salt! Great family and fun racers. Sorry we didn't have a better race surface.

Dan

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0007.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	1254275 I was going to build my own caster plates for the Zephyr but Amazon had these DNA Motoring plates for $84.00 Canadian delivered so I figured I couldn,t go to far wrong. A couple more degrees caster can't hurt at 190 MPH. Going to tear down the engine this winter and be ready for lets say 202.0 in 2020. Thanks for all the interest in my crazy plan!!

Comment

• Sounds like a GREAT plan to me! I'm hoping for 150 but realistically I haven't hit 140 yet.....

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X