No announcement yet.

ditched rallys for centerlines...paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ditched rallys for centerlines...paint?

replaced the 15x4 front and 15x8 rear steel rallys with 15x5.5 front centerlines
    with 205-70-15's and 15x9 rear progressives with 275-60-15's...

looks nuttier than squirrel poo.....

and my younger son was messing around with 'mspaint' the other day, he came
    up with some crazy looks we are considering doing....
    pic #1 is how it looks now.
    pic #2 is a kooky 80's throwback prostreet look. love it but maybe a bit TOO nutty...
    pic #3 is a 'motion' tribute that i think looks killer, gets my vote for 'most likely to happen'.
    pic #4 is a bastardized version of a 70's NHRA superstocker c3 vette.
    i think this one---#4-- is my favorite, as it really seems to work with
    the body lines of the car, AND its got a crazy 70's/80's color combo.

seriously, the 'coke bottle' sharky vettes from 68-82 are THE hardest car
    to do graphics on that work with the body..i think theres a 6 inch area
    between the headlights that is flat, and the gas filler door is flat--
    and other than that there isnt a straight line on the car anywhere !

considering my boy is just 18, & isnt really a 'carguy' like me
    i think he did pretty good, im really liking #4 but think realistilclly
    im going to end up doing #3. hey, at least the car does have a
    rowdy 454 that is similar to what would come in a motion vette...

what do you guys and girls think? of course, in the end i will do whatever *I* want,
    because its MY car anyway, hah hah...just looking for some feedback.

I like the wheels and the first photo is the closest to me liking it. If it was more Baldwin - Motion it would be better. The eightys should be left in the eightys .
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 7, 2016, 12:24 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I like simple, #1...

Comment

dig the 80's vibe of #4....As long as it makes you smile...do what you like!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
          The eightys should be left in the eightys .

philistine. the 80's were RAD. hah hah hah!

Comment

Key word ......were . Funny thing , I lived in New Palestine , In . for 19 years . LOL
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

#3 with the black.

Comment

I meant #3 only a little more B-M style.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The Motion paint looks best, or at least to me.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I think you should paint it to look like Willies flamed Corvette. IIRC, it was a trashed 69 vette that he had put the 74-77 aftermarket front and rear. I got to see the car in it's construction progress. It was a really wild looking car in person. The cover photo doesn't do it justice. It's not around any more I knew who he was I use to work in a Chevy dealer in the mid 70's. He was a partner with Randi Bianchi, They built Moonkist and Sunkist T buckets

Last edited by Huskinhano; April 9, 2016, 01:35 PM.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                      I think you should paint it to look like Willies flamed Corvette. IIRC, it was a trashed 69 vette that he had put the 74-77 aftermarket front and rear. I got to see the car in it's construction progress. It was a really wild looking car in person. The cover photo doesn't do it justice. It's not around any more I knew who he was I use to work in a Chevy dealer in the mid 70's. He was a partner with Randi Bianchi, They built Moonkist and Sunkist T buckets

that looks CRAZY...maybe a litle TOO crazy. i used to have a vanity license plate
                      that read "TRASHY" on this very car, hah hah. when i did the 454 swap it got
                      the current "RAT- PWR" plates.

if i do the 4th pic paint it will get new plates-either "ITS-RAD" or maybe "SO-RAD"...
                      the motion style may get the "MOTION" plate---but only IF i can find an M22 trans for it..

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

that looks CRAZY...maybe a litle TOO crazy. i used to have a vanity license plate
                        that read "TRASHY" on this very car, hah hah. when i did the 454 swap it got
                        the current "RAT- PWR" plates.

if i do the 4th pic paint it will get new plates-either "ITS-RAD" or maybe "SO-RAD"...
                        the motion style may get the "MOTION" plate---but only IF i can find an M22 trans for it..

Yeah, it was really a wild flame job. They did phenomenal work. They did the best flames I ever saw on any car. The photo doesn't do it justice.

There's a guy near where I live that has a early Studebaker with a BBC. His plates say Ratstu aka rat stew.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

Yeah, it was really a wild flame job. They did phenomenal work. They did the best flames I ever saw on any car. The photo doesn't do it justice.

There's a guy near where I live that has a early Studebaker with a BBC. His plates say Ratstu aka rat stew.

i tried to get "FK-OPEC" but they denied it as offensive...hah hah.

Comment

Working...
                          X