No announcement yet.

That Fresh LeMon Scent--1959 Edsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, there are more Edsels for sale....fortunately, I don't need any more!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Thought you might could use a parts car
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• I don't need a parts car. I could use one, if I wanted my car to have nice parts. So far, that's not a requirement. But if I find a cherry 59 locally for free, I'll jump on it!
        My fabulous web page

Comment

• I want you to call the guy with the convertible and tell him you want to part his car to save a 4 door Lemons car

if you survive, it should be quite the tale.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• He and his brother, along with a small entourage are making good progress. They opted to take the "long" route today and pass through Ely! So I met up with them for lunch.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Longcuts are cool when you get to meet like minded lunatics.

Comment

• We pulled off a third place finish in the lemons rally. Only 200 more miles to home. We got to fix several things on the car, and worry about a few more. Overall the Edsel is a great pile. Goes down the road nice and it's actually easy to find parts for it. Hope it makes it the rest of the way home. Stopping soon to slather some more grease in that pesky wheel bearing.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• So now that you are home, how did the other two teams beat you guys? There aren't any results up on the LeMons page to see anything obvious (like Warshaw pact car with junkyard repairs, etc).

Comment

• heh...the other two teams did spectacular things, so they got more points and won. Which is really cool. The Aerostar van...the kids flew in and bought a piece of crap Aerostar for $360 the night before the rally started, then they blew a few tires and had to buy a new set, then the transmission was really slipping a lot when it got warm, they made a trans cooler at Home Depot with a 5 gal bucket filled with ice water, and tubing running out one window, down to the trans, wrapped around it, then back in through the window on the other side. We encountered them in Death Valley, it wouldn't start at the check point. Tom and my brother figured out that wiggling the ground connection on the battery made it work, so they tugged on the wire and it started up, no problems after that. The kids were kind of clueless about basic car stuff.there is NO big fat wire running from the negative battery terminal, to the engine. There are three skinny (10 gauge?) wires. Amazing that it works at all. They made it all the way to the end....quite a feat.

The mercedes pulled off the big rescue. There was a guy Jeff dressed up as Luigi from Mario Bros., riding a 250cc dirt bike (!) on the rally. He got heat exhaustion in Death Valley and the mercedes guys were running late, they saw him passed out on the side of the road where he was working on his bike trying to get the chain adjusted. And fixed his bike and rode it 300+ miles to the next stop, and got him revived. Amazing story.

We just did normal things with a good car. Piece of cake.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• Yup, sounds like they definitely earned it! Thanks for the gleam into their back story!

Comment

• Glad you and David made it home safe Jim. It looks like you guys had fun. I enjoyed the play by play action on facebook. You gonna enter next years rally?

Comment

• I have no idea what's going on next year. I do know that Drag Week is coming up soon! so that's got my attention now.

btw

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Just saw that Roadkill on the FB posted the Ebay link.

I hope you get enough to fund the next two projects.

Comment

• Roadkill fans have no money. I'm not expecting it to sell unless I drop the reserve.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X