No announcement yet.

That Fresh LeMon Scent--1959 Edsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we lost our office max... now the salvation army store... at least it's not standing empty...even when Target left, we got Hobby Lobby and Buffalo Wild Wings to fill the space...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I've had an ad on CL for a couple weeks listing the edsel for sale...started at 2500, been dropping a hundred every now and then. got down to 2100, a guy called today, looked at it, took it for a drive, and gave me a deposit. So I guess it's going away, for $2k. Another money losing proposition, that was a hell of a lot of fun.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Yeah, but you make it up on the volume.

Cool project - hope it lives on.

Dan

Comment

• Ah , Just consider it a lease on fun !
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• yeah, and it will be recorded for posterity, too....

Click image for larger version

Name:	roadkill cover.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	1133319
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Do you own stock in Hot Rod?
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• not that I know of. I do have a 40 year collection of magazines, though.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  not that I know of. I do have a 40 year collection of magazines, though.
                  I mean that you keep getting ink from them. This is your third car in Hot Rod? That's pretty impressive. I haven't seen the new issue yet. I'm not home during the week. When I get home I have to go looking all over for it.
                  Last edited by Huskinhano; November 30, 2016, 05:20 AM.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• I think the roadkill issue won't be out for a little bit, the pic is from Elana (the new editor). Also Drag Week coverage should be in the new issue of Hot Rod, due out this week....I might have the Chevy II in there....again...we'll see!

It's mostly a matter of getting out and doing stuff. Different stuff. And who you know, a little bit.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• Between my kid going to college and my work/home schedule it's killing everything right now. In less then a year I'll be gear in my pension at work so maybe then I canopy for something close to home and get stuff done, have fun.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• yeah, there's a lot of luck to end up in a situation where I can have the time/money to do this stuff. Keep after it....you'll get there...
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• I get lots of interest on Mutt at the track but so far no magazine ink. It might be too weird for mass appeal but I didn't build it for that anyway. Now if Land Speed Monthly gets up to speed (so to speak.....). I think it's still in the staging lanes.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; November 30, 2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Anyways....car is gone,turned into a short stack of hunnerd dollar bills.

I think I should get an early 70s full size Chevy to replace it.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• 65 Impala with the SS 396-4 speed?

(only because they are well optioned)

70 Bel Aire with the 427?
                              Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 2, 2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• I was thinking 71-74. And maybe another GM brand, full size. Caddys are neat, but hard to find a nice one.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X