That Fresh LeMon Scent--1959 Edsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty unique sound....

are you gonna pretty up the engine or put it in ugly?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Oh, it's pretty much done...you have to find the beauty hidden under 57 years of crud.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160506_144421.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1101434
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I took some photo's of the 8-tracks I have. You should be able to either zoom in on the pictures or download them at a decently high resolution. Let me know if you want any of them.
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I thought this one might be nifty. I have a Buick version floating around somewhere else.

And it would cost extra to send since it wouldn't fit in a flat rate box (I wouldn't charge you for a flat rate box), but I have two nifty "Alligator Skin Boxes"

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          I took some photo's of the 8-tracks I have. You should be able to either zoom in on the pictures or download them at a decently high resolution. Let me know if you want any of them.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I thought this one might be nifty. I have a Buick version floating around somewhere else.

And it would cost extra to send since it wouldn't fit in a flat rate box (I wouldn't charge you for a flat rate box), but I have two nifty "Alligator Skin Boxes"
          wow... thats a GREAT collection
          Charles

Comment

I remember those alligator skin 8-track boxes! It has red velvety lining iirc. I think there must have been some kind of law that any car with more than 2 8-track tapes had to have one to make it all posh and swanky!

Comment

Hauen...dating yourself? .
              Cool guys had several of the boxes!

Comment

looks like good stuff! although the mold makes me wonder how well some of them will play

I've been piddling around again...got the brakes bled and mostly adjusted (they're self adjusting), and tested the brake light switch. It's a pressure switch. I think ground on the left bulb may not be quite up to par.
                Last edited by squirrel; November 4, 2019, 12:12 AM.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

I had so much trouble with the Impala's light sockets grounding by their housings, I got later Monte Carlo sockets that had a dedicated ground wire. No more dim or non functioning tail lights because the sockets were loose, or just plain falling out of the housings.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    looks like good stuff! although the mold makes me wonder how well some of them will play
                    While I won't deny several that were on the bottom of the box may have "water" issues, the remainder are just dusty. Lots of them I blew (with lung power) the dust off them for the photo's. The ones in the sleeves are pretty clean too. I'm not looking for any money from them (unless you hawk them on e-bay for good money!) and would just pack whatever ones you'd want into a USPS flat rate box. I'll give you a call later today.

I got all these from a co-worker right after I bought the T-bird and was hoping to rock out to the 8-tracks, but the motor in the T-bird's radio turns too slow and I haven't had the guts to pull the radio out to see if I could do something about it.

Comment

Meanwhile, I've been working on the inside of the car, and the wiring....

and for our birthday (me and my twin David), our older brother gave us each a pair of Edsel Clips. He customized the packaging..pretty neat!

that's what the normally look like This is what he made them look like

Click image for larger version

Name:	EdselClips.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	1101920
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Pretty creative!

Comment

Comment

Love it!
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I think you should use them
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

That's funny I love it!
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X