The Healey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Healey...

Kieth if the brakes work and it runs, drive it!! I hate to tell you this but the condition of the paint isn't the deciding factor of whether you can drive a car.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I agree Scott... the gig is that the car has been put away.... now that's it's out... hmmm who knows... most likely brakes and then simply drive the dang thing...

K

Comment

The best plan is just drive it(with good brakes), then after a while maybe you can do something to it. Enjoy it first.

Comment

I dig it. Drive it after you get the brakes and wiring sorted, and it will be fun. It's not like it's in bad condition, and is going to be deteriorating or anything. I do like the color combo. Way cool.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Keith, that is one sweet car!

Comment

Keith, that Healey is really nice. It may well have its imperfections that can't really be seen on the pics here, but it is really a cool ride.

If it were mine, I'd make it safe to drive and then drive it. The color is fantastic and as has been said already the engine looks really classy. I know the sound of that thing must be killer.

I am so jealous I can't believe it. Congrats on the resurrection.

Comment

COngrats Keith I remember you talking about pulling it out really soon. JUst fix any wiring issues and do the brakes. I would Love to build a wiring harness for it sometime. I'm glad I got to see it with the dust on it. HI Tonya!!!

Comment

So the car's been in my shop a few days and I'm walking around it... loving the lines.. and the whole Vib of the thing... keep in mind the upper garage is a place I just never hung out in... so the when I say the car's been put away... it really has... out of sight but rarely out of mind...

Some wierd thoughts...

the car is most likely the purist sports car ever made... seriously baron... no frills or extra's... this one even was a Heater delete car... that was originally sent to Tripoli Lybia... how it made it's way here is still a question... it was owned by a series of Pilots before me and most beat the shit out of it... I have records going back to the 60's I think... have to dig that out someday...

One of the previous owners happens to live here in town now and in the Mid 80's I let him take it over and show it off to his wife... today we always chat about it... at the local cruise night... ( I'm going to have to take it )...

Anyway now we're looking at what it's going to take...and looks like we can drive it reliably for around a grand... that's not a lot of junk... just the basic's.. should be a fun project...

Keith

Comment

Nice AH.

My dad has been sitting on this one for 30+ years. I might end up with it yet....not cheap to build, at least with the proper bits.

A.K.A. Brian
                    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

DWB - a little rubbing compound and you're on your way! Seriously, looks like a great project. It would be terrific if you and Dad could do it together. That's how memories are made. Wish I'd had a dad who had project cars sitting around - especially cool ones.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X