X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "you gotta know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em"
    I'm still learning

Comment

• Whoa......what's the deal with the screen being plugged?

Brief history of the engine as you know it....I'm thinking it was one of the runners you traded something for? It looks too grungy inside to be one you built.....looks more like one of my JY refugees....
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• That's really weird! Can't even begin to think why someone could/would leave the rear seal out? Sure hate to see the '70 go out to pasture. But I do understand the frustration, and the fact it takes funds from other projects.

Comment

• not pasture, another home. The reason isn't so much that I can't fix it, would only cost about $600, but at some point I have to ask myself, what do I want? I have the GTO (as much as it's a problem it might as well be a hobby car), the 50 Sedanet, the Spider and the Corvette. I don't need another hobby car? FWIW, I'd sell it really cheaply to a kid who wants his first car.

why they left it out? I dunno - but as they put a plugged pick up tube in the motor (it's been rebuilt), and the rope seal is a bear to install - perhaps they got a case of the f*** its?
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 11, 2012, 08:37 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Sucks man - that's two of us who've had unpleasant pan pulling surprises. Bummer. Sometimes you got to know when to cut bait.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I know the last time I put my engine together (last August, going strong on six months!), I forgot to install the rear main and did not notice until the oil pan was already on, at which point I saw the seal sitting there =P Had I not seen the seal sitting in the gasket box I could of very easily put the engine in the car with it missing.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                I know the last time I put my engine together (last August, going strong on six months!), I forgot to install the rear main and did not notice until the oil pan was already on, at which point I saw the seal sitting there =P Had I not seen the seal sitting in the gasket box I could of very easily put the engine in the car with it missing.
                well, at least they plugged the pickup so the oil wouldn't get back to the rear main.... call it a metallic seal

Comment

• and it's headed to New York... bye bye Buick, hello 50 suspension

Comment

• Cool!!
                    I'm still learning

Comment

• 50 suspension ?

Comment

• Sledanette. Now, I have a project for my wife (soon to be doneish), a corner car - Corvette, and a straightline car - 50 buick.... and no time at all

Comment

Working...
                        X