1940 chevy coupe, SLOW build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 chevy coupe, SLOW build

I'm working on this coupe, street and strip. Took 3 inches out of the long side of a 2000 explorer rear end, 56.5 trac width now with pinion centered. Going with mono leafs, building my own cal tracs, sliders on the rear. I have a 400 turbo, fresh, bought a pair of old 15x10 Fenton Gyros for a $100. Come up with a Mus II front sub frame, Heidst with drilled and slotted rotors. 11in, and has the stk type control arms. It was on a truck project, never finished so it was new but had been setting. Only problem is, it was 60in track width. I cut 3 in out of the center and used a shorter manual rack. I'm going to build my own chassis. Power plant is kinda undecided. I have a real nice 06 model, 6.0, new Comp cam, ls7 lifters. 317 heads, new spring kit, and a fab pan with pick up Also have a new BW T6, 132 AR turbo. May sell it and put a mild 383 sb in my chevelle, and use the 434 out of it. I'm kinda old school, and if I'd use the LS, it'd be carbed. I'll leave it at that for now and try to post some pics.

Comment

OK, why are the pics upside down? Also, when I try certain pics, it says exceeding my something or the other. I'm not no computer genius by a long shot.

Comment

The upside down pics could be from how they were taken on the device you took them with?
        The best way to post and share pics on Bangshift is from a 3rd party hosting site.
        Upload the pics to the hosting site then copy and paste the [IMG] code here.
        Some folks here use Photobucket (click link) photobucket.com. I left photobucket because of spam and crappy service.
        I HIGHLY recommend Imgur (click link) imgur.com They have good photo editing tools and solid service, no spam..
        I flipped your photos, and posted them on tinypic (click link) tinypic.com You can host them there too if you like..

Oh and welcome to Bangshift

Comment

Originally posted by vht View Post
          OK, why are the pics upside down? Also, when I try certain pics, it says exceeding my something or the other. I'm not no computer genius by a long shot.

maybe they were taken with an Australian camera?
          or maybe tardis has a point...

in any case, welcome
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Welcome! I post mine directly onto BS and have had no issues - there's a thread that gives guidance.

Interesting project! I should warn you that most of us (me included) are semi-literate and need LOTS of pics!

Dan

Comment

You're not upside down in your car are you. Wait, I think most of us are. Never mind, cool car!
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Got a start on the chassis, then I got real busy in the garage. When I get a little farther along, I'll post pics. Listed all my LS stuff on CL this evening. Going to set it up for a sbc, got a lot to do before that though. I did come up with a set of bucket seats, and a nice 69 chevy truck eng. Hopefully it is a nice std 4 bolt block. Haven't had time to get it home yet.

Comment

Been awhile, made some changes and progress. Bought a mild .030 over 454 short block, I'm pulling the 434 out of my chevelle and putting it in with a set of 781 heads and a hyd flat tappet. It'll be my wife's cruiser. 434 is going in the 40, found a tunnel ram and 2, 650 DP's for it. Here's some pics of what I've got done so far.

Comment

trying to post pics.

Comment

Working...
                    X