No announcement yet.

squirrel's 1928 Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs more.............................................. ..................................... cowl bell !!!!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      Needs more.............................................. ..................................... cowl bell !!!!

You're a dirty, rotten, no-good punner. And I'll chortle about this for a long time; well-played sir.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        Needs more.............................................. ..................................... cowl bell !!!!
        What's that horrible odor in here??!! (love it! )

Dan

Comment

• sh...er stuff is getting kinda deep....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Finished or back burner?
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Too many other things going on right now....
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Lemon, drag week, drag weekend... What's next? Busy lil squirrel getting ready for "winter"

Comment

• oh, did I tell you all about the Airstream trailer? and my wife is retiring in a few months, so I'll be tied to the house for a while!
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• ME retired January 1st. of this year, though it just meant the kids stopped showing up at the studio door so not much change in my life. Good for Janet! I hope she enjoys it as much as I do - ME's having trouble learning to do nothing.

Project thread for the Airstream?

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; September 5, 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Jim, just got done catching up on this thread. Something bothered me with the engine because of the way the exhaust manifold looked. Sure enough, yours appears to be a single port exhaust which actually puts it a 1927. The 1928 have a dual exhaust port, those are the ones the stockish Model T guys (like myself) go for as a "poor mans" RAJO over valve head. It appears to me someone stuck a '28 exh manifold on the head for the sake of having a manifold on there.

Cool project and I am digging it like most of the stuff you turn out. Congrats on another successful Drag Week.
                      Last edited by 85Ram_4Speed; September 17, 2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• yeah, i noticed right away when I saw the engine that something was weird. The car has a 27 head on a 28 engine, using the 28 side covers, which have notches to clear the xhaust port. The manifold is actually a 28 that has had the rear port blocked off with welded on plate, the front end cut off, and a new flange made to fit the 27 head. it's a wild piece of ancient craftsmanship that I absolutely love.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• well...on to the next project. I sold this one. Bye bye.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Thanks for saving another one. No clue what the new owner will do with it but now it's running and has value so I imagine it will live on in some form.

Dan

Comment

• Dang!
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X