• Show
Clear All

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Dang!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Thanks for saving another one. No clue what the new owner will do with it but now it's running and has value so I imagine it will live on in some form.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    well...on to the next project. I sold this one. Bye bye.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    yeah, i noticed right away when I saw the engine that something was weird. The car has a 27 head on a 28 engine, using the 28 side covers, which have notches to clear the xhaust port. The manifold is actually a 28 that has had the rear port blocked off with welded on plate, the front end cut off, and a new flange made to fit the 27 head. it's a wild piece of ancient craftsmanship that I absolutely love.

Leave a comment:

• 85Ram_4Speed
    replied
    Jim, just got done catching up on this thread. Something bothered me with the engine because of the way the exhaust manifold looked. Sure enough, yours appears to be a single port exhaust which actually puts it a 1927. The 1928 have a dual exhaust port, those are the ones the stockish Model T guys (like myself) go for as a "poor mans" RAJO over valve head. It appears to me someone stuck a '28 exh manifold on the head for the sake of having a manifold on there.

Cool project and I am digging it like most of the stuff you turn out. Congrats on another successful Drag Week.
    Last edited by 85Ram_4Speed; September 17, 2016, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    ME retired January 1st. of this year, though it just meant the kids stopped showing up at the studio door so not much change in my life. Good for Janet! I hope she enjoys it as much as I do - ME's having trouble learning to do nothing.

Project thread for the Airstream?

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; September 5, 2016, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    oh, did I tell you all about the Airstream trailer? and my wife is retiring in a few months, so I'll be tied to the house for a while!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Lemon, drag week, drag weekend... What's next? Busy lil squirrel getting ready for "winter"

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Too many other things going on right now....

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Finished or back burner?

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    sh...er stuff is getting kinda deep....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Needs more.............................................. ..................................... cowl bell !!!!
    What's that horrible odor in here??!! (love it! )

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Needs more.............................................. ..................................... cowl bell !!!!

You're a dirty, rotten, no-good punner. And I'll chortle about this for a long time; well-played sir.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Cowl work....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160721_090624.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1114954

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160721_093547.jpg
Views:	77