Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'66 GTO RestoMod Project - getting close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '66 GTO RestoMod Project - getting close!

Freaking beautiful poncho.

I would like to see my elcy next to your gto,looks like the exact same paint color,again absolutely beautiful.

Great job man.
    Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Thanks. You have any pics of your elky? I don't think I've seen it. What paint is on it?

Comment

OK, an update. Things have been really busy lately so not as much time available for the car. But...

Rear fuel plumbing is (I think) done. I'm not sure I like the position of the 100 micron prefilter, but I now have the 8AN fitting based sending unit installed, 8AN braided line going to a 4AN reducer to the vent line, and 8AN to the 100 micron prefilter to 8AN supply line forward (all braided, AN fittings, hard lines are all stainless. Though I have not started the motor, I've turned it over a good bit (another story) and I've got fuel delivery to the carb with no leaks.

All grounds save one are done. All lights (except for a couple gauge issues) work properly. Headlights, brakes, markers, turn signals, hazard, courtesy.

Starter with remote solenoid properly wired. Starter engages perfectly. No problems at all.

Had a devil of a time with plug and coil wires. When moving the car around months ago, the set screws in the steering column were sticking out (column was coming in and out pretty often for a little while). When turning the wheel, a couple times the set screws grabbed a couple plug wires and pulled the wires out of the boots. So I then tested some wires - supposed to be about 40-50ohms/foot resistance. Had a heck of a time. Several wires seemed to be bad, so had to redo some of them.

All fluids topped off.

Car won't start

Turns out that I think we wired the MSD 6AL2 ignition a little off. I'm not getting any action on the status light of the ignition box. I traced the wires, and removed them - we're going to try maybe tonight to test our theory. Hopefully that's all the problem will be.

(Still) waiting for clutch and brake pedals so that they can be mounted, and I can bleed both of those systems.

My volt gauge is not lighting up for some reason.

Line lock needs finished wiring.

Fuel pressure and oil temp gauge wiring needs completed.

Rear speaker wiring needs completed.

Even with a new plastic oil pan plug seal, the plug is still leaking just a little. Is there such a thing as a Neoprene or rubber type "washer" gasket?

Getting closer.

Comment

Working...
        X