No announcement yet.

ME's Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be nice to turn it on while driving down the road to see what that rear end rider is doing it for or check the trailer..

Comment

'Zakly!

Dan

Comment

This seemed a bit elaborate, but I like the result
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Niiice! Mine is just a fish eye under the regular type all in one package called....LANE CHANGER!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            This seemed a bit elaborate, but I like the result
            Three separate cameras? Seems like you're getting 3 views. Much fancier than our cheap Ebay find.

Dan

Comment

I got mine from Crutchfield - still have to wire in the truck - I too was considering just wiring it into the reverse light power to turn on the camera, but it would be nice to occasionally check how the trailer is doing while in drive. It will be nice to not have to get in and out of the truck several times to line up the trailer on the ball.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Finally got the hood painted. It's been SO humid that I've been having "issues" with it, and I've had a bunch of junk in the paint given that I was using the outdoor spray booth (maybe I should make something like SBG uses). Anyhow, it looks a TON better than the cooked paint that was there when we bought the van.

ME has picked a vanity plate that won't be here for a month or so - "GREENVAN". She like things that are straightforward. The van's actual name may be "Vanna" given that she's a good lookin' old girl and was from the Myrtle Beach, SC area. Technically, Vanna White was from North Myrtle Beach and the van was from Murrell's Inlet but pretty close.

In sealer (thinned DP50). Works the BEST!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1447.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	1117512

Ready to bolt back on as soon as it dries and I reinstall the Blue Oval. That's some number of base coats (lots of spraying and sanding due the the aforementioned "issues"), followed by 2 coats of PPG clear. There is a bit of dirt in it but I ran out of time and its the best I can do for now - I think good enough. Did I ever mention that I LOVE base/clear??!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	1117513

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Three separate cameras? Seems like you're getting 3 views. Much fancier than our cheap Ebay find.

Dan
                  yep, he bought 3, cheap cameras and displays... not sure what side of the line between hooky and clever it is - but it does work.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

maybe change it up a bit with a Sterling Truck logo?http://www.ebay.com/itm/A22-62282-00...jectid%3D50466
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I like it but it's about 2X too large. That would be fun and different. The Blue Oval is back in place for now.

Dan

Comment

Dan have you ever looked at the "paint for cars" website? their prices are fantastic and they have a lot of reviews from customers that have good things to say about their products.
                        I'm looking at getting at least a one gallon kit of silver to paint the roof / hood of the '91 truck I drove back from Denver, and if I have enough, painting the aluminum contractor cap I got for it to match as well (it was a whole $40!)

ME's van is starting to take shape quite nicely! Well done!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, John. I haven't looked at their site yet but at the price of automotive paint it's worth a look.

We're back from our first trip in Vanna the Van and all went well. Nary a hiccup. Victor took a look at the front end to try to track down the wandering (more steering input needed than one would expect) and she'll need the inner joints (did the outers) and a steering box as there's lots of end play in the pitman (main) shaft. Something to keep me busy.

All in all, a great trip and it was nice to have plenty of room for a change.

Dan

Comment

I tighten the steering box on my f150 took the sloop out of it. I got it a little to tight and it did not return to center as easy.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Vic has found that when he adjusts them and gets the slop to reasonable amount they stick at the ends of travel - in other words, don't return to center. That's why he recommends a rebuilt that's set up properly (NAPA, other good supplier). Rock Auto has a Delco for about half the price of a Motorcraft, both rebuilt - still chewing on it.

Dan

Comment

I adjusted 3 different Ford boxes.. The Lincoln one was reallly sloppy, and the little 1/8 turn I did made it bind.. The 64 one just made it too hard to turn.
                                The pickup one never worked right.. There were other things wrong with it.. So I'd have to agree with Victor.. Replace it..
                                The Lincoln one broke at the output shaft..

Comment

Working...
                                X