No announcement yet.

The Electric Pickle - 1955 Chevy Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with the lowered stance im going to have to cut out part of the firewall / floor board to fit the engine and trans, i already have something fabbed for that and i will be using sections of the firewall and back cab wall from the donor S10 to repair / replace bad areas of the 55s firewall
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Whaaa? No all steel tilt front??
      Loks like it will be a cool rig!

Comment

Your not wasting any time! Looking good already!
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

That wheel base looks reasonable. GO CHARLES!! (now it needs a Mercedes Diesel.....)

Dan

Comment

Looking good already! That was a quick transition lol.
            CHECK US OUT AT:
            www.ridetech.com

Comment

Awesome project Charles!

For inspiration, my friend Jim just finished his '56 GMC project. Blazer frame with Nova front subframe grafted on, 4 link parellel rear with track bar, and full drivetrain/computer/steering column/guage panel from a 2006 Chevy truck.

He'd love to talk if you have any questions. We're taking it on a 700+ mile shakedown cruise in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by STINEY; October 17, 2016, 07:06 AM.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

sweet! I can dig it!
                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160731_192613264.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	1116582

removed the so called wiring harness, someone tried to splice in a cab harness from a 73-87 gm truck and failed miserably - notice the use of trailer wiring

Comment

Name:	IMG_20160731_192625935_HDR.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	1116584

Name:	IMG_20160731_192812264_HDR.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	1116585

Name:	IMG_20160731_193207871_HDR.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	1116586

I only have 9 1/2" of clearance from the tranny mount to the bottom of the cab floor, my neighbor threw out a wheelbarrow for trash pick up I got to it first with the idea of using it as a trans tunnel

Comment

the firewall has more holes than metal holding it together, so im thinking i can use a section/sections of the back wall of my donor S10 cab to make a newish firewall

Name:	IMG_20160731_193232993.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	1116589

Name:	IMG_20160731_193307124.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1116590
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like the way you think! The wheel barrow is a classic "flipped firewall" trick - using it as a partial firewall / trans tunnel is pure genius!

Starting with a rolling chassis (like Matt did with the 41) sure saves a lot of headaches! you don't have to worry about steering / suspension geometry, which brakes, etc.
                        Are you going to stick with leaf springs in the rear?

Now to find a good donor for the powertrain - like a TBI - EFI truck 350/4L60 or some such thing.

I'm putting my vote in for Bart or similar 5 hole circle track wheels for the rear in large by huge, and slightly less large by huge for the front.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

a early first gen chevy sbc and od trans is the plan right now for the drivetrain, i have two gm truck rally 15x10s at the powder coater, i need to find a matching 15x7 gm truck rally for the front, i will be running a small gm to big gm adapter to space out the wheels til i find a more fitting wheel and tire combo for it

as of right now the rear is staying leaf sprung

Comment

speedway sells G-body rotors for 5x5 bolt patern... should mount right up to eliminate the adapters... IIRC, the front horns of the S-10 have to be trimmed even, or maybe 3/8" back from the front of the steering box nose....http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Lightw...ck,139530.html
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I picked up a engine for the EP, a LS 1, 5.7 liters of aluminum goodness, plan is to keep it NA but do a mild build so looking at 400+ HP range

Comment

Any new status on the Pickle?
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X