• Show
Clear All

• STINEY
    replied
    Any new status on the Pickle?

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    I picked up a engine for the EP, a LS 1, 5.7 liters of aluminum goodness, plan is to keep it NA but do a mild build so looking at 400+ HP range

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    speedway sells G-body rotors for 5x5 bolt patern... should mount right up to eliminate the adapters... IIRC, the front horns of the S-10 have to be trimmed even, or maybe 3/8" back from the front of the steering box nose....http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Lightw...ck,139530.html

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    a early first gen chevy sbc and od trans is the plan right now for the drivetrain, i have two gm truck rally 15x10s at the powder coater, i need to find a matching 15x7 gm truck rally for the front, i will be running a small gm to big gm adapter to space out the wheels til i find a more fitting wheel and tire combo for it

as of right now the rear is staying leaf sprung

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I like the way you think! The wheel barrow is a classic "flipped firewall" trick - using it as a partial firewall / trans tunnel is pure genius!

Starting with a rolling chassis (like Matt did with the 41) sure saves a lot of headaches! you don't have to worry about steering / suspension geometry, which brakes, etc.
    Are you going to stick with leaf springs in the rear?

Now to find a good donor for the powertrain - like a TBI - EFI truck 350/4L60 or some such thing.

I'm putting my vote in for Bart or similar 5 hole circle track wheels for the rear in large by huge, and slightly less large by huge for the front.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    the firewall has more holes than metal holding it together, so im thinking i can use a section/sections of the back wall of my donor S10 cab to make a newish firewall

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160731_193232993.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	1116589

Name:	IMG_20160731_193307124.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1116590
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied

Name:	IMG_20160731_192625935_HDR.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	1116584

Name:	IMG_20160731_192812264_HDR.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	1116585

Name:	IMG_20160731_193207871_HDR.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	1116586

I only have 9 1/2" of clearance from the tranny mount to the bottom of the cab floor, my neighbor threw out a wheelbarrow for trash pick up I got to it first with the idea of using it as a trans tunnel

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied

Name:	IMG_20160731_192613264.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	1116582

removed the so called wiring harness, someone tried to splice in a cab harness from a 73-87 gm truck and failed miserably - notice the use of trailer wiring

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    sweet! I can dig it!

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Awesome project Charles!

For inspiration, my friend Jim just finished his '56 GMC project. Blazer frame with Nova front subframe grafted on, 4 link parellel rear with track bar, and full drivetrain/computer/steering column/guage panel from a 2006 Chevy truck.

He'd love to talk if you have any questions. We're taking it on a 700+ mile shakedown cruise in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by STINEY; October 17, 2016, 07:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RideTech_Ryan
    replied
    Looking good already! That was a quick transition lol.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    That wheel base looks reasonable. GO CHARLES!! (now it needs a Mercedes Diesel.....)

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Your not wasting any time! Looking good already!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Whaaa? No all steel tilt front??
    Loks like it will be a cool rig!

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    with the lowered stance im going to have to cut out part of the firewall / floor board to fit the engine and trans, i already have something fabbed for that and i will be using sections of the firewall and back cab wall from the donor S10 to repair / replace bad areas of the 55s firewall

Leave a comment:

Working...
X