BLUE 92 ( VETTE )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
    Maybe the whole dualie fender to go with the light !
    now you're talking
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well , Day 52 and I finally had to was the car . It only got dusty , then it would rain and would rinse it off . It had enough wax that it then would look pretty good . Here's my proof . Unfortunately I didn't know our water was worthless for washing a car . It left white spots all over it . I had two choices , hand wax it or take it to one of those good drive thru car washes . So 9 bucks latter it was washed effortlessly . Unfortunately It was a major leak finder . Got one around the lower front corner of the passenger side window . Caused me to have to get the shop vac out . So really I should get credit for shampooing the carpet too !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Having a problem resizing the pic . Its nothing special but, its documention
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Finally figured out how to do it after I updated my photo resizer ........
          .as its raining . $9 car was was good for a day .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Stop blocking the sidewalk! glad to see its doing its DD job! I will have to look for one when I don't need the car seat room.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Hey ,the drive is only two cars wide by 2 lenghts long ! We have 4 cars in the drive and $2750 vette in the garage . If they don't like where I park they can take a hike om the street
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

True story, can't make this shit up!
                I'm the LAST HOUSE on a DEAD END street... Watch a car from several houses up turn into my driveway..3-4 car lengths to the first parking spot (mine) but I can see the bumper.. I stop 1/2 huse away and sit there watching these dumb shits in MY driveway.. They motion me to "go on by" or " go arouns"
                20 ft from my driveway is a barrier.. If I go to the barrier, they can't back out nor can I back into my driveway.. I can't turn into my driveway because they are in it.. Guy gets out, walks 50 plus feet to where I'm sitting waiting to go home.. "What do YOU want?"
                "I want you to get the hell out of my driveway so I can go home"
                No "SORRY". Nothing. DORKS! lol

Comment

No pics but I replaced the U-joints in the blue vette yesterday . It's been making some noises since shortly after it got bumped and scuffed . I think its just a coincidence as my foot was on the clutch and my foot had just left the brake . Still making some noise like brake pads wore out and scraping the rotor at slow speeds. Probably the right rear hub . It'll wait till winter .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's been a long time since an update . Hubs haven't been changed yet . Been too busy with keeping the rest of my families cars going . So mine gets neglected . Anyway a while back the plugs got fouled out it . Turned out the vacuum lines on the fuel pressure regulator had gas in them . So I replaced the regulator and the plugs and it has ran fine since . Still trying to get the Red vette up and running . So nothing else on this one till its done.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sometime in the last 4 years I replaced the hubs and the u joints in each half shaft . As mentioned earlier I replied the ones in the drive shaft . These were done with Moog . Pics are long gone as I lost the phone a year ago .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I've been ti kering on this for a couple months . The car started shutting down like it was running out of gas periodically. When it got to the point of only running for 30 mins and needing four hours to run thirty more minutes I knew something had to be done . Do to working on my kids stuff and that old trailblazer that we had I really never had time to work on it much . But over time the fuel regulator , fuel pump , fuel filter had been replaced . At this point I decided it must be a purely electrical problem . I replaced the ecm , coil , fuel pump relay , oil pressure switches . Over time it got to only running 20 mins at a time but would fire back up in three mins to make a few more miles towards home . This fall I decided to go after what I think are the last two possibilities. The computer having a bad soldier joint and it breaking down when it got hot or the opti-spark . Well you can't get a new factory computer so I decided to go after the opti-spark. The water pump is directly over top of it so I bought one of those and a opti-spark. I got them both removed and this is where project creep hit . I figured that since I was here I should go ahead and replace the timing chain . Well , you can get the cover off without loosening the oil pan but there isn't a way to get it back on with out loosening it . And since I was there I found I had about a 16th of an inch of oily dirt on everything in the lower front to rear frame and cradle area . I spent 3 weeks of what little free time I have in life getting the oil pan off to replace that gasket . Remove brackets to reinforce the cradle , oil filter adapter, starter , clutch inspection plate. It still wouldn't come out . So I removed the a/c pump , alternator, and power steering pump . I pulled the bolt out of each motor mount and jacked the engine up about three inches and guess what ? That oil pan still won't come out . Yeah there is still 2 inches of pan over the cradle but you'd think it would come out by tilting it but nope ! It must have quite a baffle going around the oil pump . I can't confidentially say I can get a new on in if I got the old one out so its going to be reused . The gasket it rubber so it should be fine . The bolts holding the cats to the exhaust manifold snapped so more than likely the manifolds will probably have to come out to fix those . Unless I can find some affordable full length headers . A few pics coming later today . I need to go to sleep .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I looked inside the catalytic converter. I was surprised that as heavy as it was , it was empty .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I admire your diligence in your efforts... I doubt that I'd have the patience...
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Sending good luck your way. I cant help but wonder if it would be easier in the long run to pull the engine but I've never done that project on one of those so I really can't say.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X