Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian28
    replied
    I pulled the lock I don't see a number , will I need to go to a Chevy dealership or any lock smith place be okey ?

Leave a comment:

• V12guy
    replied
    Prime the oil pump with an electric drill. You can easily buy or make a tool for that.
    The door lock will have a number on the side something like "12K6" any old established GM 'stealership' should still have the key cutting
    tool in the parts department. Easy Peasy.

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    started a topic Help with my 69 Chevelle 396

Help with my 69 Chevelle 396

My dad bought this car in 1970 , once he had my sister and me the car sat for a very long time , he wanted to finish the car before he died , it was just about done when he died in 03, I was 15 and left the car to me , i managed to hang on to the car till this day . I am 28 now , Iv desided I'm old enough To drive this car now , it did sit in a garage for most of the time , the sitting didn't do well , witch it's not really that bad , just need to do some work now , so far I took off the carb to have rebuilt , also pulled the dizzy to be tested and new points , empty the gas and got new gas , new battery , new plugs , new coil , new cap and plugs , sprayed mystery oil in each spark plugs , next weekend I will turn the motor with a wrench a few times and spin the oil pump to get the oil around the motor . I lost the keys and pulled the door lock in hopes they can make the key for it , next weekend I will have the time to work on the car agin , I will be checking out the brakes on the car in hopes they are okey , when the car was parked it just had all new brakes on the car , is there anyth I am missing before I try to start the car ?? Also will be replacing all fluids .at this time after the stuff I listed already , I only have about 2-2200 I can spend on the car right now , what should I do to the car ?? This car means the world to me becouse I grow up with this car and ppl always trying to buy it , witch my dad always said no , since he died Iv had eveyone try to buy it , the car is priceless to me , and it's time to finally drive this car , I use to work on it with him and we would drive it together , car shows and dropping me off at school , since before I was born he would say this car will be left to his son , I hope to do the same , my son is 3 and I want him to drow up with this car and one day be his , any help u guys can give me will be great , I don't have ppl to help me with info , I'm a single parent of my son and I don't make much money, but this has been a long dream to finish this car , and one day I will finish it agin , but right now I believe I can get it running and driving with all new fluids though out the car , and have about 2000 left for the car, what should I fix 1st and what should I do once I have more money for the car , maybe tax time I will have a few more grand for the car , and anyth I do to the car I want to do stuff that will make the car worth more and not less , the car is mostly all org everyth besides like the Chrome around the wheels and valve covers , but the wheels , seats , badges , motor , rear end ect. is all org parts. Thanks
Working...
X