X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian28
    replied
    Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post
    Let me know if you have any questions about suspension, I will be glad to help. Like SBG said figure out if your going to want to drag race or do some corner carving as that will determine what suspension upgrades that you will want to go with. Regardless of want you want to do I will gladly help and try to point you in the right direction.
    Congrats on getting the Chevelle up and going. It is a beautiful car.
    Thank you , right now I desided to just do a full poly. Bushing upgrade and see how it feels after that , then see if I need better , really it's just a Sunday driver on a nice day , and I won't be tracking it , I really just need it to be good for having a lil fun and street light to street light , the shop that was helping me said 400 to do the front end work and 200 for the rear , I think I might just do the work my self that way I'll have that 600 for something else for the car , like fixing the driver seat redoing both fronts , also I already got the new carpet , and just like all the 69s the top of the dash they crack , so maybe get a new one , and the interior will be great
    Last edited by Brian28; August 18, 2016, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RideTech_Ryan
    replied
    Let me know if you have any questions about suspension, I will be glad to help. Like SBG said figure out if your going to want to drag race or do some corner carving as that will determine what suspension upgrades that you will want to go with. Regardless of want you want to do I will gladly help and try to point you in the right direction.
    Congrats on getting the Chevelle up and going. It is a beautiful car.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Husk.. A PNW car that is garaged!
    Outdoors is different!

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian28 View Post

What were you expecting , u where thinking it was something different ?
    Yes, usually when something sits not being used in a barn, garage or what ever it tends to get surface rust, rodents get to it and everyone always says their stuff is in excellent shape. Your car looks like it was just painted, no dents, rust or butchery. Hell, even the motor runs nice.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I like kbs coatings because it's sprayable and lasts as well as powder coating.

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    replied
    No just like the a arms , and sway bars and stuff , to clean it up down under the car a bit

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Painting what? undercarriage I like KSB coatings.

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    replied
    SBG I ended up keeping it as factory as possible with a few minor changes , I orderd a one wire alt cuz mine was pumping a lil low and the head lights where dim , also bought a elc. Convert. For the dizzy and chock , poly. front and rear bushings and all new ball joints , a new after market kit with steering arms and joints , poly front sway kit , also got new kyb s all around Im going to see how the car is after that to see if it drives fine , also want to add the power steering kit , i desided to try to leave it as org. As possible since it does has all its org parts , even all the marker lights and tail lights are org with the 69 molded into them , I was thinking when I get the A arms out and the sways i will blast them and paint them at that time , what would u recommend to use for paint ?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

The pump and lines , I don't recall ever seeing the pump but I know my dad bought a full kit , I gotta go back to my moms and try to find the rest of the parts , I know I seen the lines there and the steering box the rest I found

I bet you can buy the pump, housing, and lines brand new - there's a huge inner-change of those parts; the tough parts are the brackets, GM made hundreds of combinations. If not, Rick's on Powell blvd probably has it at 3x the price you can buy it from Rock Auto or similar.
    $112.00 plus shipping for an AC delco pump and hose kit
    http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...se+kit,1001604

you will also need the correct one of these (with or without a/c) at $37.00
    RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 16, 2016, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    replied
    1964-1972 A-body Part 1 Fixing The Rear Suspension For Better Cornering And Ride ComfortGlobal West Suspension talks about removing bind out of the rear susp...

This set up , lower upper , with my stock sway bar , and the bars on the other side for the Frame ? This is vid 1 but there is vid # 2 and 3 , that is what I am looking at , what do u think , and Of course Hang on to all the stock parts that come off
    Last edited by Brian28; August 16, 2016, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    replied

The pump and lines , I don't recall ever seeing the pump but I know my dad bought a full kit , I gotta go back to my moms and try to find the rest of the parts , I know I seen the lines there and the steering box the rest I found
    Also I was looking at doing this full kit but for now I won't have money for the coil over just the reg style shock and spring , would doing this full kit with stock style spring and shock be a good set up and that won't bind up ,

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

the reason I ask is relocating the upper control arm can create a bind in the rear suspension (which can cause snap oversteer). With that said, even a moderate power levels, axle hop can be a real problem.

what are you missing for the PS pump?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Iv always been into drag racing , but I do like a car that can handle at the same time , I found about half my power steering kit just need to find the last 2 parts to it ,
    the reason I ask is relocating the upper control arm can create a bind in the rear suspension (which can cause snap oversteer). With that said, even a moderate power levels, axle hop can be a real problem.

what are you missing for the PS pump?

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Going fast in a straight line is for slingshots and rockets... hitting an apex listed at 25 and handling it at 50 is a great feeling!(Never mind that I do this regularly in a lifted 4 wheel drive truck set up by AMeanXtreme(My kid(Another Bangshifter))) Saw a lot of rides at the autocross event at GoodGuys Heartland nationals in DesMoines IA on the forth of July weekend that were built by RideTech and they really did well on the course...
    Last edited by silver_bullet; August 16, 2016, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian28
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Do the bushings first, the decide if you want to turn corners (autocross) or drag race. What you decide there determines what you do next.
    Iv always been into drag racing , but I do like a car that can handle at the same time , I found about half my power steering kit just need to find the last 2 parts to it ,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X