• Show
Clear All

It's almost time to fire her up

Comment

sweet
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Go dude, Go!

Don't be afraid to stop and troubleshoot instead of pushing too hard and breaking something.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

She is alive , and sounds great ,

Comment

beyond awesome, excellent work! no more going back to Hondas for you

Comment

Nope , no more Hondas , prob sell this honda motor , missing the turbo kit but it's a 500hp motor , spent 10k on it , might get 3500 and use the money for the Chevy

Comment

It won't let me upload the vid of it starting for the 1st time in 13 years , looks like the money I have left will be going to bushings and new shocks and stuff , it really needs it ,

Comment

I hope you did go ahead and put in a new fuel filter inline before the carb. Also not a bad idea to put one between the hard line and the fuel pump. I had the original tank in my 68 kill a couple fuel pumps (with rust) before I changed out the tank. It would be a minor miracle if there wasn't something in that tank or the fuel lines that could cause a bad day. I agree with SBG about the cheap clear plastic ones... buy several of them and change them out regularly for a while.

Varnish can do worse things than cause a gummed up carb. The gummed up carb is a minor annoyance if you know how to rebuild it yourself - but the varnish can seize all your intake valves causing bent and/or broken pushrods.

That said, awesome progress! If you can't post the video, can you maybe post the link to it?
                  Last edited by yellomalibu; August 14, 2016, 03:57 AM.

Comment

If you're planning on driving it a lot, get some form of vehicle tracking so that if it gets stolen, you can find it quickly (like SPOT).

Comment

I'll have too look into spot , I got a buddy at stereo place that hooks me up evey well down there , I use to have a pager alarm on my Hondas that will page u if someone is ####ing with the car or even looks in the car it will page me plus give them a warning deep, i gotta figure away to lock up the hood , long ago I don't know what my dad did but he had a chain with a lock on it , it's crazy how back in the day my moms 66 Chevelle got stolen twice parked right next to this 69 ,
                      yea I replaced all the fuel lines around the fuel pump and a new filter before the carb , i was going to put the extra one in before the pump but wasn't sure if that would be okey or not , I seen a vid on utube with a old car and they run It with old gas , and just like u said it was like glue , broke a push rod , the valves where stuck , the carb was useless , , I was expecting the gas to come up rusty looking , but it was clean , smelt fine , also used it to clean off my hands to see if it was sticky

Comment

SBG so last night I turned on the lights , the head lights where dem , had running lights, no brake lights , no turn lights , the dash lights didn't work , and then after a few times the dash lights did come on , also the gas gauge worked like 5 or 6 years back , but it dropped like a half tank past E . I'm going to look at the fuses and try to find a bad ground ,

Comment

SBG how does spot work ? Have u used it before ? Do u have to pay months for service ? Or do u have to have some kinda phone plan for it to work ?

Comment

Comment

that sounds really, really good.

Comment

1) lights - sometimes they self-heal. glass-tube fuses tend to corrode (especially in Oregon) so if you simply turn them a bit in their holder - they can start working
                                2) SPOT http://www.findmespot.com/en/ it's $100/year - and it will notify you of everything from movement (someone bumps it) to where/when you move the car. It's not phone dependent - so it will work even where there is no cell-phone network. Whether you notify the police or the coroner when you find the thief is up to you - it does need a view of the sky, but it will go through some obstruction - on your car, hide it under the cowl vent. It's waterproof, it has a on-board battery, and it hardwires to your car so you never need to change batteries.

Comment

Working...
                                X