No announcement yet.

Help with my 69 Chevelle 396

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have u guys ever used (Ground up ss 396 ) for parts ?

Comment

never heard of them... that said, my screen name might suggest why not ;)
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 9, 2016, 04:26 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Haha , right , how do u change that , I don't know why mine says drives an auto lol I don't see anywhere how to change it , I never put that on there ,the only auto Iv ever owned is my Tahoe

Comment

I agree 100% with SBG. it's your car build it your way. No one else is paying the bills. Focus on just getting the car running and get acquainted with it for now. It's so easy to change courses a thousand time and not be anywhere near driveable.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Brian28 View Post
            Haha , right , how do u change that , I don't know why mine says drives an auto lol I don't see anywhere how to change it , I never put that on there ,the only auto Iv ever owned is my Tahoe
            Rookie drivers drive autos.. Like my 7&9 year old granddaughters..
            More you post better you become.. Look at SBG's.. He lives and breathes Bangshift!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Rookie drivers drive autos.. Like my 7&9 year old granddaughters..
              More you post better you become.. Look at SBG's.. He lives and breathes Bangshift!

been here since the very beginning was within the first 150.... not exactly something I want on my tombstone though

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

been here since the very beginning was within the first 150.... not exactly something I want on my tombstone though
                WHAAA?!?! It would be cool to have that on your tombstone!!!

(snickering gleefully) .
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 9, 2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I should have built a real car long time ago , all the money I spent before on getting a Honda motor to make 500whp , I would have spent 2300 for a alum, head set up and push over 500hp , one of my best buddy's built a 67 comaro , from frame up witch was so crazy it turned out to be the same car my dad almost got me when I was 14 to start to build for me , but anyways he has been pushing me for ten years to stop messing with imports and get my Chevy on the road ,but the car meant so much to me ,it's about the only thing I really have that was my dads ,before I felt I was just too young for a car like that ,but now the time has past , my dream is almost here ,

Comment

Originally posted by Brian28 View Post
                    The tag under your name is generated by the forum based on your post count.

My on brakes is that the factory stuff is pretty good assuming you have power brakes with front discs. Unless you need to replace stuff, it probably makes the best sense to get it running and driving (and see how you like the factory stuff) before worrying about upgrades.

My on tires - Check the date code to see how old they are - http://www.tirebuyer.com/education/h...-of-your-tires - Typically they say that tires over 7 years old should be replaced regardless of condition. I just replaced some on my 74 Nova based on age. They were in good shape visually but were 12-16 years old. I'd also buy tires last as the clock starts as soon as you buy them.

You should post up some pics of the Chevelle! I'm sure we'd all love to see it.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Yes I plan to post some pictures this weekend when I go back to work on it , Iv rented a garage for it the last 6 years witch isn't at my house , I desided to get it running becouse I now have to give the garage back since they sold to a new owner and I don't live there so they won't let me keep it anymore , they tryed to give me a 24h like that's won't work I need 60 days and got 30 days , witch they tryed to tell me 24h the next day after I paid for that month . It was also day my dad passaway , I was not happy with them , the old owners never told they where selling nor did they leave any info on who rented what or who paid what to the new owners , I use to pay a year or 6m up front , lucky I was on month to month , it could have been bad
                      Last edited by Brian28; August 10, 2016, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

The tag under your name is generated by the forum based on your post count.

My on brakes is that the factory stuff is pretty good assuming you have power brakes with front discs. Unless you need to replace stuff, it probably makes the best sense to get it running and driving (and see how you like the factory stuff) before worrying about upgrades.

My on tires - Check the date code to see how old they are - http://www.tirebuyer.com/education/h...-of-your-tires - Typically they say that tires over 7 years old should be replaced regardless of condition. I just replaced some on my 74 Nova based on age. They were in good shape visually but were 12-16 years old. I'd also buy tires last as the clock starts as soon as you buy them.

You should post up some pics of the Chevelle! I'm sure we'd all love to see it.
                        Yeah power with front disk , came stock ,

Comment

get stock working right, then improve - at this point you might need hoses and a master cylinder but honestly, it's probably all if not mostly all in working order.

Comment

Comment

ooooo new parts

Comment

One tip, if you haven't drain the gas that has been sitting in the tank since it was parked, defiantly do so. Also blowing out the lines and replacing the rubber fuel lines will save you a lot of hassle when you get to the point of starting it for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X