Close ratio is good for hiway gears..

Comment

• Looks like 8946798

Comment

• The rear has 12345 then D169 is in the diff

Comment

• Can u tell me what gears I have

Comment

• Look for the numbers on the ring gear - you're looking for something that says 41 7, 43 9.... and it will be in that format two numbers, a space, then another number or two. You figure out your gear ratio by dividing the 1st number by the 2nd.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Where would it be at , I don't see any other numbers

Comment

• Yeah I don't see anyother numbers on it , what would have came stock or are there a few different ones

Comment

• I got all the bushings and shocks done on the back its so much better I can get on it without the hopping now , the old shocks where toast , I could push them up and they would just stay up , feels so good now , I did the front a few weeks ago , hole new car

Comment

• Is there a place I can take that build sheet too that can scan it , to pull up the stuff I can't make out

Comment

• The numbers SBG is talking about are on the ring gear.. You need to drain and pull the rear cover to see it..
                      I use "The Right Stuff" a grey colored silicone that is a bear to remove once on and set up in place of a gasket..
                      OR you can count the teeth on the ring gear and pinion both. Divide the bigger by the smaller.. Be same numbers SBG was talking of ..

Comment

• Probably not a bad idea to service the rear diff, anyway - and as SBG and Bob suggested, while you have the rear diff cover off to drain out the old fluid, you either look for the marks on the ring gear or count teeth and do the division.

If you don't want to do that, you can use a gps app on your phone to determine your exact speed (in 4th gear) to make sure your speedo is accurate, make note of the RPM's at that speed, then come home and find an online RPM - Gear calculator. The only other piece of information you'll need is tire height.

Comment

• Yeah I just changed all fluids every fluid is brand new , maybe I'll try the speed and rpm way

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian28 View Post
                            Is there a place I can take that build sheet too that can scan it , to pull up the stuff I can't make out
                            I never heard of a way to scan the build sheet but you can find a typical build sheet online that might give you some clues. My build sheet was under the carpet but the oil on the weather proofing on the floorboard stained the sheet so bad it was unreadable plus a lot of it had just crumbled. I hope there's another one on top of my gas tank but I doubt it.

Comment

• Yeah I looked all over the car , I had the dash down , I put down new carpet , I lowerd the gas tank a lil , I found that one under the back seat ,

Comment

• On line I seen ppl that had them scaned to pull up what they couldn't see that good , there is a lot more on it I can't make out ,

Comment

Working...
                                X