think i found a survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think i found a survivor

66 dodge coronet no rust never damaged poly 318 79000 miles carb plug wires tires only thing not original paint down to primer in spots on hood and trunk interior frayed in spots but good poly 318 drive train 727 tranny 8 3/4 rear not much invested 2250 should I just clean and shine and keep as a survivor or upgrade to driver grade paint &some interior work undecided help me

Comment

is that the "emerald green" of the 60s version? that was an amazing color even back then.
      my dad had one with a/c. pearly something green.
      also 318.

found a color card on ebay..
      frost turqoise poly or royal turqoise poly.
      Dad must have been thinking of a corvair.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 12, 2016, 09:37 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Comment

maybe someone can check color code

Comment

Looks like it is a factory two tone, Dark Turquoise Metallic(L) on the body with a White roof(W)..

Comment

I would get the drive train up to driver standard, then either just clean it up or paint it which ever one make you want to drive it more.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                I would get the drive train up to driver standard, then either just clean it up or paint it which ever one make you want to drive it more.

Comment

just pulled this dart out of shop wher in 3 years they painted door jambs and trunk rail I painted engine compartment before it went

Comment

Originally posted by booker t jones View Post
                    just pulled this dart out of shop wher in 3 years they painted door jambs and trunk rail I painted engine compartment before it went
                    And that's why I learned to do my own all those years ago. Not that hard - really.

As far as the Coronet - I like shiny and hate "patina" so I'd spray as little as possible to make it look nice. Painting the hood, for example, is dead easy as it's a single panel and no blending is necessary. Your best ally is a great paint store. A skilled paint vendor will formulate the paint to match the rest of the car and compensate for aging, etc. As an example, my guy Gene (Single Source here in Wilmington) just helped me pick out a match for the hood on ME's green van. He brought out the paint samples and we compared them to the existing paint - there were no fewer than 5 samples all labeled as the right code for Ford's 1999 dark green poly. There were differences between paint vendors (the manufacturers may use any number of paint vendors based on price, availability, and service to the plant) and the specific formulas at different assembly plants vary so even from the factory there were slight variations. Anyhow, we found a pretty good match and no one but me can tell that the hood has been repainted.

Remember that Chryslers of that era were painted with enamel and the paint was NEVER mirror-smooth. One mistake folks make with these cars is failing to match the texture of the paint with the rest of the car. Chryslers of this vintage are generally a bit drysprayed and have a slight pebbly appearance. So you don't have to be a super painter to make your resprayed panels look right.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by booker t jones View Post
                      I would not have two "paint projects" at the same time. I don't mind original patina, I would fix any issues with the inside of the car.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Get it on the road.. Fluids, tune and so on.. Then decide if you want to invest..
                        Cool car!

Comment

fluids, tune and drive...bitchin car!
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Get it on the road and have fun with it till the other one s done . After that , pull the poly to preserve the original drivetrain and insert a 400 horse 440 and your choise of tranny . Im thinking a T56 though .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Basically a moonshine car without the extra tank and a modern manual .
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 13, 2016, 01:10 PM.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X