No announcement yet.

think i found a survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks nice. Someone up the street finally uncovered their black Chrysler sedan, about the same year. He is selling it due to moving. I can get pics of it if you want.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well its a more door crew cab, so you wont hurt the value no matter what you do. If it were mine, it would get the full on sleeper mode, leave the exterior exactly how it is, and stuff something wild under the hood with extra mufflers and cut outs. Still it would be a gas to get it all running right, maybe upgrade the points to electronic ignition (my dad just did that to his 64 Sport Fury and it made a HUGE difference in how it runs) make sure the brakes are good, and drive it as is. For a 4 door its kinda cool. Not something you see often, and would be fun for the whole family, add some tech inside and enjoy.

Alternatively, you could use it as a project to learn to paint. Looks to be mostly rust and dent free, so you could do it yourself rather than take it to a shop that will let it sit for three years. I learned to paint cars, actually still learning, and mine are coming out decent for driver quality. If I can do it, you probably can too.

I would so go sleeper with that thing, turbo something under the hood. Since I have a 383 sitting in my dads shop, that is probably what it would get if it were mine. Since it has a poly in it, an early hemi would be an easy swap. A 354 would be a hoot in that, leave the body the same but make the hemi under the hood look amazing. Why yes, I am an enabler, why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Basically a moonshine car without the extra tank and a modern manual .
        funny you mention that hauled a few quarts back in the 60s car tagged titled insured li

Comment

Just watch out for the revenuers . The ones with the radar guns are the more common today .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

this what I been doing trunk engine compartment 4painted wheels 4 new tiger paws

Comment

more pics

Comment

Wow , night and day difference. Looks fantastic.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Cleaning up nicely.

Dan

Comment

To your original question, my answer would be "clean and shine".

At car shows, it seems that "stock" old cars are a rare item. Especially if "stock" meant 4 or 6 cylinder. I enjoy a clean and shined up survivor car as much as I do a car someone spent mega-bucks on the restification .

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                      To your original question, my answer would be "clean and shine".

At car shows, it seems that "stock" old cars are a rare item. Especially if "stock" meant 4 or 6 cylinder. I enjoy a clean and shined up survivor car as much as I do a car someone spent mega-bucks on the restification .
                      if this was a factory super car would probably keep it a survivor now trying for a real nice driver for under 3500 total investment nqw carpet ordered try to patch seats with green duck tape

ivor​

Comment

engine and trunk detailed and running wheels painted black 4 new uniroyal tiger paws on it new carpet installed haven't found a pin hole of rust yet

Comment

The plaid trunk mat is a thing of beauty. Dem was da good ol' daze.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; October 5, 2016, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Its amazing what a little engine degreaser and paint can do.
                            CHECK US OUT AT:
                            www.ridetech.com

Comment

Working...
                            X