No announcement yet.

where did this come from??? 01 Park Avenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

figured out the a/c sort of there is a vent button the default is A/C on pushing vent turns it off. i find this a bit bass ackwards but what ever
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

turns out the car is a super rare FE2 suspension car. the base suspension even for the ultras was the soft ride FE1.

this means rear sway bar, rear discs instead of drums, car is 1/4" lower front eh factory, larger front sway bar, better shocks struts, and stiffer variable rate springs instead of a constant rate.

it is the exact same suspension as what my aurora has which was classified as a sports sedan. i want to track down a bonnie GXP front and rear bar and strut tower brace. actually two so i can also put them on the aurora
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

got rear shocks for it. got some that said they are for an aurora as that way i know they are fe2. most of the ones i have found for the PA are fe1 only.

both front windows definitely do not work and need a motor. the regulator is fine just the motor is shot

Comment

wait, when did you have a 40th? and how the heck did I miss that? anyway I will try to be here to stir up the shenanigans!

Comment

bought it as a parts car when i had the silvermist 99 POS so 2009-2010?

also finally got the hood open a few days have not posted do to slightly bummed but not surprised that the guy lied/unaware but turns out just a regular L36 N/A car. some one put the ultra badge on the trunk/ trunk was replaced.

not a huge loss as i have plans

Comment

yah If you do that it could get interesting!. but as long as you don't smoke the wiring I have most everything to make it stock again. so no worries! lol

Comment

this is true. i think combined we could build a 3800 car just from parts we have sitting around

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                  this is true. i think combined we could build a 3800 car just from parts we have sitting around
                  at least!!! I have a car with a bad body, and many extra parts.. I can go for a little while.

Comment

3800 bell housings... FWD or RWD? stand lone?
                    Looks like the supercharged ones will be fun behind a Muncie and tall gears...

Comment

car is FWD all the 3800 series 2/3s use the the small metric pattern even the ones in camaros

car will remain FWD the plan i have is a turbo i bought for 100 at the local scrap yard from a gen 1 cummins none intercooled holset HC1, reason i am not bummed about the car being NA

Comment

well the car has been haivng charging issues and ebay was having a 10% off special so bought an alt for 30 game to day just in time as my old alt caught fire....

yes you red that right

so here is the new one came with a bonus voltage booster tricks the computer into putting out more voltage. normally GM only has these cars at a 13.4v charging voltage this ups it to 14v so brighter headlights warmer seats, beater rear defrost and faster windows!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA10.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1133599

(it's the pigtail looking thing)

here is my old burnt alternator

Name:	pa11.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1133600

it is hard to turn by hand and will not even do a full revolution wile the new/old one will spin for 2 and half revolutions

here is the engine bay car is surprisingly clean i still can not fully believe i got this for $250 still have not even spent 500 total on the whole car with registration and the parts i have repaced (rear shocks and now alt and tensioner pully) will need an A/C compressor the bearing on th pulley is beyond shot

Name:	pa12.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1133601

Comment

and i sold it today to a friend that was in need of a car and is on fixed income do to disability. offered me 2300 if i fix the gas gauge. also going to do some neglected work as well

but for a car i have only had $609 into totally including registration not a bad profit at all and hopefully it serves him well as transportation. i know the heated seats will be a god send for him do to back pain issues (reason for the disability)

Comment

Bless your heart . ( I'm using the yankee definition not the southern one ! )
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

i sold it today to a friend
                              There's some Karma you've discharged (always a good thing)! I guess I need different friends, any time I sold anything to one, or even helped them fix something it was like I owned it and was obligated to fix it from that day forth. Nothing like Hauen's 15 year or 250000 mile implied guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by hauen View Post

There's some Karma you've discharged (always a good thing)! I guess I need different friends, any time I sold anything to one, or even helped them fix something it was like I owned it and was obligated to fix it from that day forth. Nothing like Hauen's 15 year or 250000 mile implied guarantee.
                                I had to learn to make it clear that I wasn't married to any car I sold. Guess I'm saying "I can relate" though I was able (eventually) to break that chain by saying up front "as is, where is" and have them say it back to me. "Now, what is your understanding of that phrase?" And have them respond back to me. If they didn't get it I simply wouldn't sell to them. I think I only had one person that I decided not to sell to, however.

It's interesting that it was ME who pretty much sorted this out. She saw how I'd do my best to make a nice car and then have people bring them back because they got a flat tire or something and she was tired of seeing me work for free because I felt bad that the car wasn't perfect. I AM sort of soft-hearted. So I implemented the practice above and that really helped.

Dan
                                Last edited by DanStokes; December 8, 2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X