1961 Apache...Project "The Ape"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Apache...Project "The Ape"

I am STILL working on the 1965 442 project, I think it is a life long deal! Since the years of working on the Oldsmobile have went by and continue to rack up I have found myself drooling over several "patina" themed rat rod and restomod builds...
    I found a nice start sitting down in Georgia and had to bring her home!

Comment

Nice! You know, that motor just doesn't go with your build - but you know what I'll do? I've got this great 350 chevrolet motor that comes with patina (and grease for no extra charge) that would give you the look you're after... as you won't be needing that motor I suppose I could trade you for it.

I like these kinds of builds, I keep telling myself that I want to do something similar with my 72 chevy truck.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        Nice! You know, that motor just doesn't go with your build - but you know what I'll do? I've got this great 350 chevrolet motor that comes with patina (and grease for no extra charge) that would give you the look you're after... as you won't be needing that motor I suppose I could trade you for it.

I like these kinds of builds, I keep telling myself that I want to do something similar with my 72 chevy truck.
        LOL, that's one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for me.......hahahaha
        ​I didn't have any clue what so ever that the build would go this direction, it just kept progressing and progressing, so now the plan is to keep the body as it, do a very nice engine bay, nice bed wood and a really nice interior, it has A/C and power windows also, 3:42 rear, this is my 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour mobile!

Comment

I know the got out of hand story.... read the first 3 or so pages of my FJ40 build.... then see where it ended...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That is a badass truck. I love that you kept the patina look. Stance looks killer as well.
            CHECK US OUT AT:
            www.ridetech.com

Comment

those rims are epic

where are they from and how much did they run? my wagon needs them... if I ever fix that pos
              Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Wow. You have been busy. Did you use acid on the wheels to patina them?

I was curious to what appears to be the gas tank plug for the cab with the Chevy bowtie on it. Did this truck have the tank moved to the frame a long time ago?
                Last edited by Scott Liggett; October 2, 2016, 08:45 AM.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

that "plug" is a horn button from an old truck.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    that "plug" is a horn button from an old truck.

Oh cool. Thanks!!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The wheels are Mobsteel (Detroit Steel) 20x12 & 20x8. We shot them with a very light coat of red automotive paint, then scuffed them with Scotch bright, then applied a solution of vinegar, sea salt and peroxide, let them rust over night, then stopped the rust process with water/baking soda, then shot about 5 coats of clear on them!
                      ​Squirrel is totally correct, its a horn button from a 40's truck!
                      Last edited by real57vetteguy; October 6, 2016, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Your truck reminds me of this truck

Last edited by Huskinhano; October 6, 2016, 01:59 PM.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

The wood bed is stunning. Is that Maple?

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                            The wood bed is stunning. Is that Maple?
                            Yes sir, its a spalded, curly maple

Comment

Working...
                            X