Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Will he get this running next year?

and spend the $10.00 to buy the tool to remove them - it's a cheap way to save your sanity, and the push pins....
    WHAT sanity?

This is from Vortech's online info about the blower package: Installation
    Installation time is rated at approximately 8-10 hours (Std. Output) or 12-14 hours (High Output).

Ours is high output. 12-14 hours. Hilarious. Yeah, RIGHT. Not at three days per hour.

Not to mention from all that crawling around on the concrete yesterday, I haven't been able to move all day, slept 11 hours last night and didn't even want to get up after all all THAT sleeping...this has got to be some kind of a young man's game.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Looking for the fountain of middle age???? You have our support regardless!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        Looking for the fountain of middle age???? You have our support regardless!!
        Thanks so much Patrick! Yeah, this physically hurts.

Watching the football game, not much else I can do. And there's Flo, the Progressive car insurance commercial. She's holding a little module, saying if you plug that in somewhere, they can use that to track your driving habits and maybe save you even more on your car insurance.

I know I want want one of those. Well, if Red ever cranks again. I wanna see what they do when Red goes MORE than 143 at Daytona. That would be a hoot wouldn't it? ......well probably not HAHAHAHAhAH!!!

Comment

• Mobility and stretching stuff,
          Sky-shoulders-hips-knees-floor. And twisting as well as stepping..
          Prolly kill ya tho..

Comment

• Why why why WHY did I decide to DO this blower thing? This is stupider than the Amos the Dog episode, and more expensive. WHY?!?!??!

I'm slapping myself in the head, WHY? Why in the HELL why?

I know "why," it's to go faster. That's easy, the reason. But this kit didn't come with all of the parts in it and the guy on the other end of the phone is impossible to talk to because he already knows I'm a dumbass whenever I call. And he treats me as such. For lots of money. He's snotty when he answers the phone when he doesn't even know who's calling, he has no social skills.

Why did I do this at all, it's starting to not add up. Poor Red, he didn't deserve this at all, being taken apart and scattered all over. I'm not the victim, Red is. He didn't deserve being done this way.

Comment

• I´d have chosen Summit, they have quite a few ´charger kits for Mustangs.
              I´ve never had an incomplete shipment from them and any issues were quickly dealt with.

Supercharger kits.

Comment

• Have faith PDub... Red will show you the light.... You are just being overly cautious(a GOOD thing) and the estimates for job completion are written in book hours for a professional mechanic with previous experience... You're doing fine... I am not your age yet, and even though i routinely outperform my coworkers that are half my age, I feel it at the end of the day!
                Age catches all of us...You have to count your blessings at this point and thank SU for keeping her faith in you!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Do it right the first time ... rework costs more than you realize !

Comment

• Guys, thanks for all of the genuine support and for putting up with me (for years). Last night....well, today I'm of the mindset that this project is daunting at my skill level, but it's not hopeless. Today I got that new-extra radiator put on, made progress. And I determined they shorted me a good many of the right-sized hose clamps, I'll be going to buy those when I get it inventoried and figured out.

Last night, I was looking at the directions for the next step (the radiator). And I got the radiator out of the box and was studying it and the brackets. The photo in the directions showed some totally different brackets than what came with the radiator. Different color, wildly different shape, different animal entirely from what came with the radiator. So I got pissed off, all over again. AGAIN. What ELSE is wrong with this kit?!?!?!

But that was the wrong photo in those GD directions which I love to hate with a passion already. After I got the rest of the stuff removed from the front end, and I studied it, and played with those brackets for about two hours....left, right, upside down, backwards, I saw where they would fit. Almost, oh so close. So I used some washers to space it out and that thing went on there and I feel like a Sesame Street Hero. Until tomorrow probably. Baby steps, one thing at a time.

Comment

• Perfect attitude redirection PDub! By jove fellas, I think He's got it!!!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• It's been an adventure alright,especially with me not knowing WTF I'm doing. And when all of the parts are not in the kit. That's a double whammy.

Went to the parts store, "I need two feet of straight coolant hose, THIS diameter." I handed him a squirrely shaped pipe for diameter reference.

You've never seen such a blank stare from a human in your life. "HUH? We don't HAVE anything like that." Never mind what he said, it was the way he looked, that expression.

Nothing about this is supposed to be easy, I guess.

Comment

• I go behind the counter and look myself, they know me in this town, always the oddball swaps.. I/we buy hoses and cut them down, got fancy cutters, measurers and all that..
                          "this size, this long" then cut to fit your needs

Look at it this way.. You could be putting in a 408 stroker motor for the power you are getting from the blower.. Trust me, blower is easier to install than a stroker motor...look at how long it is taking ole Stokes with that Volvo... And he s "an expert"

Comment

• Well, I AM being a fussbudget and making stuff that could be gotten by without. But for me that's the fun of it. Still, the blower installation IS easier. My primary bit of advise for PW is "BREATHE" and abandon worrying. It'll come together.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              My primary bit of advise for PW is "BREATHE" and abandon worrying. It'll come together.

Dan
                              I actually had fun with it yesterday, making that radiator fit. I felt like I'd really done something. It's a mountain alright, but without a helicopter to ride on, you can't get to the top of it anytime soon.

Comment

• Progress does feel good... .
                                But it would not feel good but for the feeling of frustration ..
                                Need low to feel high..

Comment

Working...
                                X