Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay Sue!!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• "Those who can't, teach"
      Quote of Keith Keefer, art teacher at OSD..
      Yay Sue!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        Or just give me that thing - I won't even charge you for taking it off your hands.....
        Originally posted by pdub View Post
        Dammit.
        Yeah, that word - foiled by the fairest person here.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yeah, that word - foiled by the fairest person here.
          SBG I don't think that blower will fit on anything in your fleet. Hell, it'll barely not fit on anything in OUR fleet. But you want me to just give it to you for profit. Shame on you. I see what's going on here. You just WANT.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Dang Peewee you gotcha one heck of a crew chief there! I'm pea green with envy!!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Peewee, welcome to the world of hot rodding. Even my mom would laugh when my brother and I were working on something that was "bolt in". The simple fact that you are working on it or at least Sue Unit, it will get done and run. I guarantee it.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                The bigger hose dangles free until you get to some more piping.
                Wow, that makes sense! The directions sure don't. Did I ever say I love BangShift? I'm at the point where the directions actually run out. Like road closed. Wooden barricades with flashing yellow lights.

They skip all of the piping and go straight to the air intake assembly. Then they invoke a thing called MAFia. The Mass Air Flow intake adapter. It's a box with wires and a switch on it. They show no photo of it. But I know I don't have one. This is THE it-will-never-crank-again-missing-small-part for real.

This afternoon I called Vortech direct in California, not the dealer I bought the kit from. They really are nice folks and in the know too, of course. They make this stuff. I gave them the serial number off of the blower and they knew who I was and where I live. So therein was some built in credibility. I'm a customer, and they treated me like that, I like that. I like that a lot. The guy put me on hold for a good while and he went researching. He got back on and with an audible sigh, he said, "Here's what happened. We ordered a bunch of those and they sent the wrong thing. So we sent them all back. And then we shipped your kit without that in it. But we have some in stock now so we'll get one right out to you."

That's good, the back end of it at least. Now I'm also an amateur detective, I can eventually discover what's actually missing. I'm getting good at this. I'm getting better every day.

As well as that went, I wasn't about to rail on about how lousy the directions are. Not when they're holding a critical part. I'm at least that smart. Don't cuss at anybody who has something you need. Get what you need and then cuss at them later if you're STILL pissed off.

Comment

• We had a great evening with the Supermans tonight. Great visit right across the street. They are SUCH great people and such great neighbors. Meantime I carried those damn directions over there, all 70-something pages of it and I handed them to him. I said this is YOURS. I don't want to look at them anymore, ever, don't even show them to me.

So tomorrow we'll have a shop session at Weeville. It'll be raining outside. SM has some time to spare this weekend, so rare. While we're waiting for the missing part, it seems the fuel pump is the next do-able thing on the agenda, let's see how we do.

Comment

• You know you could just rip it all off, lol. But some how I don't think you're too far away from that. It'll be worth it in the end, I mean putting the SC in.
                    Last edited by Huskinhano; January 20, 2017, 06:58 PM.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                      It'll be worth it in the end, I mean putting the SC in.
                      Yeah, sure it will be worth doing. If it cranks. Of course it'll be worth it. If it cranks. Red will be able to pass some folks at Daytona if we're ever able to go there again. Yep, that's the "it." It's hard to see from here right now. Did I ever say I'm good at "working on" a car? If I did, I was lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                        Odd-shaped Vulcanesque hand tools aside....I'm at a project standstill. Interesting because the other day DB sent me an email. And I liked it, he said he was thinking about anyhow.

And here's what DB sent me and it means a whole lot more tonight than ever:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1141483[/ATTACH]
                        Again.... You got this, Pdub!
                        Look how much you got done "not knowing". !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

SBG I don't think that blower will fit on anything in your fleet. Hell, it'll barely not fit on anything in OUR fleet. But you want me to just give it to you for profit. Shame on you. I see what's going on here. You just WANT.

Duh, I'm nothing if not transparent..... but you mistake one thing, I want the entire car - would make a great trade-in on a Corvette
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Duh, I'm nothing if not transparent..... but you mistake one thing, I want the entire car - would make a great trade-in on a Corvette
                            A slight down payment maybe...

Comment

• Won't it be cool at the track, when you blow by all the Vette's and dust the rest of the pack ... when they come up to you in the pits and say; "What you got in that thing"? and you get to casually reply; "I installed a blower in my back yard".

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                                Won't it be cool at the track, when you blow by all the Vette's and dust the rest of the pack ... when they come up to you in the pits and say; "What you got in that thing"? and you get to casually reply; "I installed a blower in my back yard".
                                If it comes to that Steve, and that's the original goal of course....yeah. But I think I'll add, "Don't try this at home."

Comment

Working...
                                X