X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Well.. Better than what I gotta do....
    Remove a flat tire from my pickup box bed trailer that is cat pissed rusty and replace it with one that holds air.. It is my wife's compost hauling trailer...
    When your elbows are shot....

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    I'm gonna put on my short pants and flip-flops and go sweep the driveway and pretend I'm shoveling snow. No, I'll BLOW the driveway and make "vroom" sounds while I'm at it. Dangit.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Our Milwaukee and SnapOn both bust anything loose!
    Break it loose with a bar then spin them off, spin them on then toeque..
    The charger's bad. It got hot as a pistol soon after plugging it in. Burn the house down hot. Try again....

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post
    Which doesn't do the job. It will NOT bust a lug nut loose torqued to 90 lbs. Crew Chief Unit called the 800 number, they're sending a new charger to go with it. From China. More SBG fodder, Doomsday peewee. Nothing ever works.
    Our Milwaukee and SnapOn both bust anything loose!
    Break it loose with a bar then spin them off, spin them on then toeque..

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
    Wow, thats close!! Im worried about the same thing on mine- I upgraded to 13" cobra brakes, and have the parts to go with 14" GT500 brakes. But Im afraid of clearance.

Friend of mine spent an afternoon shaving down his calipers to fit his wheels... then later he had to do it again to fit his skinnies.
    When we've got over two grand in front calipers.....I'm not going to go grinding on them. That's been the hard part, the mandatory mission to find wheels that will clear them. I think I would grind on the wheels if it came to that, they're worth far less. Just sayin. But grinding for clearance comes at a cost and a risk, either way. Either way, I wouldn't grind, just me. Just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Gives you time to play with your new impact...
    Which doesn't do the job. It will NOT bust a lug nut loose torqued to 90 lbs. Crew Chief Unit called the 800 number, they're sending a new charger to go with it. From China. More SBG fodder, Doomsday peewee. Nothing ever works.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Gives you time to play with your new impact...

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Bummer, Wees! I'm guessing the "snow" will be a bust.

Dan
    It's for the best. Yeah, It'll snow here, by all illegitimate guesses, but it'll warm up so fast on Sunday morning/afternoon that it'll be completely gone. Roads just wet. We could get to Road Atlanta on Sunday just fine, no issues. And at the track, just rain, all rain.

But there are a whole lot of folks who come to these events from all over the map. If they're trying to get there from the north...yeah, they would be at risk, it'll be worse to the north of here. Best to call it off. I understand that.

We'll try it again in April, already re-scheduled. I'm over it. Cussed when I saw the announcement, but I understand it entirely.
    Last edited by pdub; March 10, 2017, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer, Wees! I'm guessing the "snow" will be a bust.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• RustyRodder
    replied
    Wow, thats close!! Im worried about the same thing on mine- I upgraded to 13" cobra brakes, and have the parts to go with 14" GT500 brakes. But Im afraid of clearance.

Friend of mine spent an afternoon shaving down his calipers to fit his wheels... then later he had to do it again to fit his skinnies.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    I can't even take a decent photo of how close the clearance is between the rim and the front caliper, but it clears.

No, this will not allow a tape-on wheel weight to pass through.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000837.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1149262
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    <<<Insert an extremely long string of gross profanity here, and repeat until completely satisfied and emotionally relieved>>>>

They've cancelled the Road Atlanta event because of the "snow" that is predicted in our area Saturday night/Sunday morning.

A good time for us to look up Need for Speed and watch it.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post

I've for sure played the video game.

The movie, I don't think so. Do they go real fast in the movie?
    It is a moral imperative that you and the Sue Unit watch this movie! Observe "The Beast, and Beauty" you will get the jest of my previous statement.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Okay, got the dyno chart from Dyno daddy. I guess this is the final one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reds dyno chart.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	1149253

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Pdub...You have seen the movie "Need for Speed" haven't you???
    I've for sure played the video game.

The movie, I don't think so. Do they go real fast in the movie?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X