No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get those wheels you change the brakes as well to the light wight drag brakes. You switch back to the big ones for the road racing
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
      When you get those wheels you change the brakes as well to the light wight drag brakes. You switch back to the big ones for the road racing
      Ohhhh Brother Russell, remember me, Mister 3 Days Per Day with a wrench in my hand? Ohhhh brother...
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Change of plans Pdub, it appears our Australian friends have come out in support of turbos - and you know that irritating Australians is something you shouldn't take lightly.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Change of plans Pdub, it appears our Australian friends have come out in support of turbos - and you know that irritating Australians is something you shouldn't take lightly.
          I have no problem with irritating Australians because they are 13,000 miles and a whole lot of water away from Tennessee.

And Australians are inherently irritable by nature because every critter they have there that crawls or flies or swims will kill you graveyard dead if you get close to it, yet a lot of folks live there anyhow.

Comment

Unit found the wheels, they're on the way from American Racing.

Comment

Ooooh nice!

Comment

oh, ye of little faith.

I ASSURE you they will fit.

:-)

leave the big front wheels, these are for drag tires on the rear...
                Charles

Comment

Solving the blower vs turbo argument is nearly as bad as debating brands of oil or politics.

for the "bolt on" factor - it's really really hard to beat the centrifugal blower kits - no change to exhaust is required, a bit of packaging on the front of the engine, likely larger fuel injectors, and a change to the calibration.

Turbos require changes to the exhaust to drive them, boost control / blow off valves and calibration of those plus larger injectors and calibration changes, they are more efficient generally because they do not require crankshaft power to turn them, they also generate lots of underhood heat, and - like belt driven blowers also like intercoolers - more plumbing.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

leave the big front wheels, these are for drag tires on the rear...
                    We haven't run Red down a drag strip. We've done land speed, autocross, road courses and unsanctioned testing on pavement (that's a great Braub term). I knew with the stock setup drag racing was not much of an option. But JoesFury had a blast running Sally down the strip so with the blower might even be worth a fun evening at the Brainerd facility nearby. But that's back burner.

The wheels and blower are both B/Oed, about two weeks away. wait....tick, tick, tick......I still do not believe we'll have the thing back together in time for Daytona but Bluebelle's a mighty fun option for that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      The wheels and blower are both B/Oed, about two weeks away. wait....tick, tick, tick......I still do not believe we'll have the thing back together in time for Daytona but Bluebelle's a mighty fun option for that scenario.
                      Bullcrap! Red deserves Daytona ... just get 'R done !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Bullcrap! Red deserves Daytona ... just get 'R done !!!
                        I'm all in Steve, but easier said than done with barnyard experience and part-time expert help on the side. We'll see, we can't control when the parts get delivered.

In either case, we'd love to meet up with you in Daytona if you can, hang out and finally meet, Blue OR Red!

Comment

PDub, try those wheels first, i just now noticed you posted that picture.

my gut says no buddy
                          Charles

Comment

Looks like you are putting good tires on your rims you already got and trailering Red to Daytona!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              Easier said than done with barnyard experience and part-time expert help on the side. We'll see, we can't control when the parts get delivered.
                              Didn't say it was easy .. I've been on many an all-night wrenching sessions and last minute thrashes to know, but that's where perseverance and determination pays off !

Comment

Like a gas monkey deadline..

Comment

Working...
                                X