Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Pdub...You have seen the movie "Need for Speed" haven't you???

Leave a comment:

• RideTech_Ryan
    replied
    Reds new shoes look great P-Dub.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Well, just one more little thing. Yet another little bump in the pavement.

I checked one of the new wheels on the front, it spun real happy. WIN, dance, celebrate, finally. I was most concerned about the east-west clearance, LOOK at how far these wheels clear the calipers on the front behind the spokes! I never gave any consideration to the north-south clearance. The inside face of the rim versus the top of the caliper. It cleared, they will spin.

Unit took the new wheels up there and got the tires mounted on them, she had to wait about 3 hours. All they had at the tire store was the wheels and tires, they didn't have the car that goes with them. They put the balancing weights on where they usually put them, I guess.

Wheels on the car. Take a photo. Pull the car into the garage, the front calipers are tearing all of the balancing weights off of the front wheels. Not enough clearance for the balancing weights. The rim clears the calipers, but the weights won't.

I know how I'll spend Saturday, waiting in line at the tire store to get the wheels re-balanced with the weights somewhere else on on the wheels. All 4 of them because I'll be rotating them over time. Sue's madder than I am right now about it. That was SO entirely not the tire store's fault, how could they know? They couldn't know, couldn't possibly know.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I like them! You kids have fun and don't smoosh Red.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Street wheels. SM caught me changing them and pointed out they are the exact same pattern as we already had. And they ARE, I hadn't studied them that close. Just new. With a much better factory finish that should hopefully hold up better.

Happy car, happy driver.

Let's drive to the race track boys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000836.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1149086

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    still others decide AFTER YOU WIN if your car passes tech...
    How in the WORLD do they do THAT?!?!? After you've busted everything on it.....

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I'm beginning to think that Bubba needs an upgrade like the beast in the movie Need for Speed! Red is getting more and more like Beauty in that movie!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Some derbys check for basics, others put your car on a ramp and check everything, still others decide AFTER YOU WIN if your car passes tech...

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    silver is more durable, and what does the rulebook say? some sanctioning bodies require open ended lugnuts...
    The only outfit I ran with that required open lugs was ECTA. They, and everybody else don't want to see the center caps on the wheels if they are removable. That's about it. Every sanctioning body is different. It's amazing, the difference. I went to run Road Atlanta with NASA. Mile long straightaway. Huge speed track. They checked the brake lights and said you're good.

Went to run autocross, cones, in a mall parking lot, they danged to nearly took the car apart, busted me for the battery not mounted well enough. Seriously? I mean, really? Yes, seriously.
    Last edited by pdub; March 8, 2017, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I like that you're always so positive. Mr.P Ray-o-Sunshine dub.
    You can't force anybody to something that they don't already want to do, out of the goodness of their own heart, a reflex action on their part. If you're not going to do it, you never will. Everybody has their own set of priorities, and not all of our priorities match with one another's. Everybody has their own orbit.

Meanwhile, Unit's taking this pile of stuff to the tire mounting store tomorrow. Glamor shots tomorrow afternoon, such as they are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000835.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1148970

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post
    Rewind, I don't think we're going to get the dyno graph from the guy. I called him earlier today, he said I gave him my email addy on a tiny piece of paper (which I did) and he said it blew away from wherever he put it.

I gave him my email addy again on the phone. I don't think we're gonna get it. I would be surprised if we do. But the wheels work. Let's go racin boys!

I like that you're always so positive. Mr.P Ray-o-Sunshine dub.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    I don't think we're going to get the dyno graph from the guy. I don't think we're gonna get it. I would be surprised if we do!

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Tomorrow.

EDIT: We're torn....black lugs or silver lugs on the new street wheels? We like them both just as much.
    silver is more durable, and what does the rulebook say? some sanctioning bodies require open ended lugnuts...

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Rewind, I don't think we're going to get the dyno graph from the guy. I called him earlier today, he said I gave him my email addy on a tiny piece of paper (which I did) and he said it blew away from wherever he put it.

I gave him my email addy again on the phone. I don't think we're gonna get it. I would be surprised if we do. But the wheels work. Let's go racin boys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X