BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Didn't say it was easy .. I've been on many an all-night wrenching sessions and last minute thrashes to know, but that's where perseverance and
    determination pays off !
    How we do derby cars.. All night thrashes, vacation days..

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

my gut says no buddy
      My gut says they'd BETTER clear, everything plastered all over the product description says the offset is larger than the ones I already have and their stuff says "will clear Brembos" maybe more than once. If they won't work, I've gone more blind to the offset numbers than I thought I knew (or had learned).

And DB, all of the good tires are already on the wheels I already have for the track. The new ones will be for the street, the tires I have that are great for that but not worthy of the track. The current wheels were sandblasted and powder coated up the road from here after we got them, and it's not holding up like a factory finish. They're all gouged up from the track and from all the tire machines at all the tire stores. Those are the track wheels.

And James, the garage monkey deadline, yep it's EXACTLY that. Except they don't have a day job to hold down ten miles away from the garage, which compresses the drama even more.

In all, we'll see. I'm certain nobody here will be at all interested in photos of a box full of blower when it gets here. I'll skip that part....HHAahhahahaH!!

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        I'm certain nobody here will be at all interested in photos of a box full of blower when it gets here. I'll skip that part....HHAahhahahaH!!
        You will be excommunicated, if you pull that kind of sh!t !

Comment

Besides, you'll hurt my feelings and I know you would never do that on purpose.

Dan

Comment

Sharing a thought that I had with PeeWee the other day. He asked if the intercooler was going to interfere with his brake cooling ducts from his wheels to his brakes. I suggested removing those hoses and tying into the blow off valve that way all of the discharged air while not under boost or the sudden dump of boost when he let off the throttle would be directed at his brakes. This would also provide constant airflow even while he was sitting still or at low speeds. Like I told PeeWee, it is just many of those little random thoughts that run through my head on a daily basis.

Comment

I like the way you think BGT !

Comment

I like the way you think BGT !
                I like it too, if the hoses really do have to move. That's a mighty nice compromise. And if I lived another 500 years I'dda never known to think of that Cameron!

See guys, we've got some HAY-ulp!

Comment

That's what happens when your thinking is a little left of center.

Comment

I can say for the truth, the Crossy Road video game, I'm STILL playing it. Waiting for car parts. Rape and murder...F-ing off and killing time.

WHERE IS THE BLOWER?

I've gotten to way over 600 hops on Crossy Road at some point in time, some months ago. But the last week or so, I can't get to much more than 100 hops, if that, before I either jump into the river all by myself by total mistake, or I hop into the side of a passing bus.

Distracted, I think I am. I'm thinking about something else when I'm trying to play that game on the computer, yes I am. Blower.

Comment

Instead of playing Crossy Road after work today, I used some valuable life time to research the blower installation. This is the installation manual to a blower. It might be the same manual that comes with one I get, or at least it's "like" the one I'll get. Oh my. It'll be the biggest thing I've ever tried to do. So so much big my so drawn out.

At least the instructions appear to be decent quality, with photos and clear descriptions but there are gaps that I see. Gaps for a podunk like me. I can already see that I'll be making runs for a couple or more tools I'll need that I don't have (not many I'm missing), and the gaps I see are about terminology that is aimed toward professional mechanics, hard to express what I mean. What I mean is, my brother said it one time, "You know you're in for it when you bring a car part home and the first step says, 'Remove the engine and transmission from the car.'" Like you already know how to do that.

It's not all of that but I'm for sure going to be pestering Cameron and Superman at different steps along the way. And SM is perpetually family-busy and Cameron works a rotating shift schedule. I dunno, Daytona looks like a far-fetched dream for Red right now. I really want to put this thing on the car myself as much as I can to learn so much about what's in there and how it works. But I have my doubts, time-wise.

Scroll past pages and pages of different parts listings of different kits and get to the procedural steps. The description guesses a whole day doing it, but....yeah, right. I didn't get the blower from AM, but this is at least just about what will be delivered. Not intimidated, just a little overwhelmed at this point in time. And this is all probably what all of y'all do every day like it's nothing.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...02131-manu.pdf
                      Last edited by pdub; October 28, 2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Dang, them instructions are COMPLETE! They even identify what size and type of wrench to grab. Any idiot can do this installation (though I'd question their timeline). So if you have an issue it simply means that you have raised idiots to a new plateau! CONGRATS!!!!

But seriously - if you take your time this should go according to plan and the plan is well developed. Don't hesitate to call if you get stuck and we can look at the manual together. Then we can BOTH be idiots - or we'll sort out the sticking point.

You'll do fine!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Any idiot can do this installation (though I'd question their timeline).
                          Dan
                          I love you Dan. You know me all too well.

EDIT: And my feelings are not hurt at all. Just so you'll sleep well tonight.
                          Last edited by pdub; October 28, 2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Me'all will. Seriously, call if you need help. Send pics on Email (I don't text) and I'll bet we can wade thru it. Take a month off work.......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              The blower is B/Oed, about two weeks away.
                              So the estimated ship date of the blower is around November 7th ?

Comment

So the estimated ship date of the blower is around November 7th ?
                                Like everything else, it was vague. "In about two weeks we'll send you an email saying the blower is on its way to you and you will be able to track the package." They didn't waste any time at all putting the purchase on my credit card.

The day after I ordered it (satin finish to save $250) I was wishing I had ordered the chrome parts. I slept on it, thought about, was bugged about it, I called them back. Is it too late to go with chrome? After all, it was Cameron's chrome under the hood that made Unit say, "Wow, that's pretty." No, it was not too late to request chrome.

I told that story to a friend of mine in SC and he said if you're going to get a blower it might as WELL be chrome.

The shopping for a build, it sure is fun. But you see how different folks do business. Returning the wheels to AM after I was assured they would fit was interesting. I mean, they're a good outfit to deal with but a transaction gone wrong is not their forte.

Ordered more new wheels from CJ Pony Parts. No email "thank you," no charge on my credit card. I finally got to wondering if I even ordered them at all and I called them. Turns out they don't do email and credit card charges until the product is on the way. So that order is sitting there waiting.

And I ordered some bigger taller jackstands from Harbor Freight mostly because I just wanted some taller ones like SM has. Ordered them. No "thank you" on email, I didn't know if I got them ordered or not. Two boxes, two jackstands per box. But they hit my credit card for it. Yesterday I got two things - one box and a thank you for ordering email from the president and founder of Harbor Freight. One box. Marked 1 of 1. So I called them. The other box was somewhere else, it got here this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X