No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just drive it. Don't listen to the naysayers. Drive it. Now.

I know by experience that you don't need brakes, exhaust, a wash, or even a working throttle to enjoy that first test drive. Granted, it may severely limit the drive but go drive the thing.... and it DOES owe you money.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      Just drive it. Don't listen to the naysayers. Drive it. Now.

Tomorrow. We just now bled the brakes. Sue Unit is the very best brake pedal pumper, she's spent a lifetime doing it before I even met her.

GYAH. The stuff that came out.....after four long runs at Daytona, the hardest braking track I've ever done, that stuff....Sue looked at it and said, "Pour it back in." We should have, as much as it costs. But I didn't, but we could have. So the brakes are happy. More than happy.

Tomorrow. Beer and wash Red today. Tomorrow. I won't video it, nobody wants to see that.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
        I won't video it, nobody wants to see that.
        Major offence right there ... just sayin' !!!

Comment

• Before I get banned for not videoing Red's first blower ride, I want to thank Patrick most especially. For finding and recommending Red's back brakes. That was an evil problem. Looking at and working on the brakes today, they are just fine. Thank you Sir. Well done and thank you.

Comment

• This is a lie, the label is a lie. It ain't true. No matter the company name, it ain't true. No such product exists.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000825.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	1145513

Last edited by pdub; February 11, 2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• I love my Crew Chief. I do. I really do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000827.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1145524

Comment

• On your knees Pdub... On your knees!!
                If I am to be titled as a "Naysayer", It only because of my trips beyond the limits in my younger years... I have had several vehicles that were as Ralph would say "Unsafe at any speed" But no Corvairs....Red is going to be like a teenager at his first dance... all balls... you are the brains Pdub...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• There's a guy up the street. Superman knows him, it's all about networking. He came walking up wanting to talk to me in the driveway while we had Red outside. He was specific in his interest. He wanted to know about powder coating. He has a motorcycle, a Harley, I think. He wants a part or two powder coated. Apparently Superman had told him I had Red's wheels powder coated. We bought them black and we couldn't stand them so we had them powder coated to silver locally.

Anyhow, we talked about getting powder coating for a few minutes and then we got to the rest of it and he wanted to see under the hood. Okay. First spectator. By request, open the hood. Remember what Steve said here a while back - "Me and my wife and my neighbor did this".... He was like, GYAH. "How long did that take?"

I didn't hesitate, "Two months." He said, "I'll BET it did, WOW. How did you get all of that stuff to fit into there?"

Yeah, it's just now falling upon me, that was a huge task. And it was. Did we actually do that? Yep, and there it is. It'll take a while to soak in.

Comment

• I really how your car looks, my theory on car building is make it look stock but form follows function so they never look stock. Your car, if I saw it on the street, I'd never run against it because it's just a shade off stock and the parts look like whoever bought them knew what and why he bought them. It's a hard look to pull off, but you've done it.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      I It's a hard look to pull off, but you've done it.
                      Thanks a million SBG, that's a mighty nice compliment.

I don't love the wheels, they are PITA to wash. I wish I had ever gotten the ones I ordered to put my street tires on. Remember the ones I ordered? I barely do.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                        Before I get banned for not videoing Red's first blower ride, I want to thank Patrick most especially. For finding and recommending Red's back brakes. That was an evil problem. Looking at and working on the brakes today, they are just fine. Thank you Sir. Well done and thank you.
                        You are very welcome sir! We are thinking of doing our road trip vacation this year out towards your neck of the woods... I'm hoping we we can squeeze a quick visit in probably shortly after the 4th of July?
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          You are very welcome sir! We are thinking of doing our road trip vacation this year out towards your neck of the woods... I'm hoping we we can squeeze a quick visit in probably shortly after the 4th of July?
                          That would be astronomically epic if you are able to implement that. And why make it quick? We have an extra bedroom at the Weeville Inn. With complimentary beer and food.

Comment

• We are in the planning stages at this time... sooooo many friends we'd love to visit, and with only so little time for Tammy, Sean, and I to take vacation together... this is going to be a quick loop and we won't be sitting around much... I still have to plan and make repairs to the bullet...
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Red's just barely running. I mean, he's running, but he needs a tune something awful. Even at that.....WOW. Just WOW. A whole new ball game. No, a whole new SPORT.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! Grins all around. gosh. WOW.

Last edited by pdub; February 12, 2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• .................but look out for the
                                Now time for maintenance, tuning, and FUN!!!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X