No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you paid someone to do the gasket installation and it's not working.....take it back and let him do it over until it's satisfactory.

Comment

• I'm not going to goop the seal. Last night Unit found a gas puddle in there, a rubber plug-thing under the seat that STILL had gas sitting in it, like a thimble full of coffee. We dried that up.

Today, no gas smell at all. That's what we were smelling, we think. That thing is sealed, it can't get sealed any better than it is, it's sealed.

Dyno tomorrow. Later on fill him up and stand back and see if anything comes out. Studying the goop job up close, I couldn't have gooped the ring all the way around anyhow, with that offset, couldn't goop it good under that "shelf" where you can't reach.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Dad had a 60 Suburban with 2 tanks.. One leaked...every time we smelt (smelled?) gas we had to crawl under with a bar of soap and rub the seam that leaked.. Learned to not use that tank..

Comment

• Way to go Sue! P-dub owes you again! I have faith that the tuner will be able to work wonders and all of your hard work will pay off!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• One more post. Tomorrow, the video from the dyno. VROOOOM! Steve says then he'll move this whole book over to the Projects branch.

Watching the Daytona 500 on the tube, glancing at that and determined to read this whole thread from start to finish again on that day....GYAH. I'm surprised y'all put up with me, as many times as I got mad and "quit." And I'm not lying, I had actually forgotten how many times and how many different ways I got injured doing it.

What a trip, without leaving home. Wow. I owe BSers for a whole lot of support and advice. Tomorrow. VROOM.

Comment

• He'll be grinning from ear to ear on the drive home !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                He'll be grinning from ear to ear on the drive home !
                NO DOUBT! . .

Comment

• Might be worth a few bucks to ask him to double check your hoses and connections before running the dyno?
                  Put it on the hoist and look real good..

I'm thinking you guys got it, but a fresh set off eyes is always nice especially when the eyes belong to a shop owner who has lots to lose
                  Just pissin in the wind and telling myself the wet pants is rain....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    a shop owner who has lots to lose
                    Just pissin in the wind and telling myself the wet pants is rain....
                    Well taken DB. We'll have that conversation in the morning. I would think as the shop owner he should look things over to start with, he's run a lot of stuff on his dyno by now, and he knows what he's doing.

If Red blows all to pieces and sets the shop on fire, he should have insurance, given his line of work and how much he charges for it. I'd sure hate to lose Red that way, by now he's not just a car. Not to me, at least. Tomorrow. Dance on the dyno. It will be what it is.

Comment

• Peewee I think it's safe to safe we're all behind you and yes it's easy to quit, it takes more to keep going AND YOU HAVE! Thanks for the inspiration, sometimes I need to be reminded! YOU DA MAN!!
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Today's the day .....

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Red is THERE. Stay tuned for the tune!

Comment

• Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                              Red is THERE. Stay tuned for the tune!

you're a punny one, aren't you?
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• 438 HP at the wheels. He said he could get a lot more out of it if it was a drag car, but being as to how I'm going to pound on it a half hour at a time on road courses, he went for a more conservative setup for longevity and reliability.

Comment

Working...
                                X