No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah? Well he's all talk and you fix stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

How's the fuel leak deal?

Dan
      Don't know. We're going on a joyride Sunday on some of the best driving roads in America, right here in eastern TN. When the tank gets low, we'll fill it up right up the street from here. We'll watch it. Does gas come all out of it?

Dyno daddy, he does a whole lot more. He builds and tunes engines for ARCA cars, tuning on the dyno is just a side thing for him. We got to the shop this morning, and as soon as he opened Red's door he said, "EWWWWW GAS."

He bragged that he's never had any trouble with a lock ring. Like it was nothing. If it leaks again when we fill it up, it's going straight to him, right up the road. We've got a track to run a week from Monday. They say it ain't bragging if you can DO it. Okay, YOU fix it, like NOW. Let's see ya do it, if you can I'll be more than glad to pay you.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
        Yeah? Well he's all talk and you fix stuff.
        I wish! With my help, we got the back plate on backwards three times! Superman saved the day that day. Still, it is fun to be out there in the garage together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
          438 to the tire is no joke! Congrats! Next, More fuel pump, smaller pulley!
          Dyno Daddy picked out a fuel pump for us that costs $700, he sent me a link to it. I'm sure it would work incrementally better at the redline than what we already have. And I thought this was supposed to be fun. DAYUM. Uh, no. Not right now, thank you.

Comment

• Oh HECK YEAH on the torque and the horsey's !! DANG it now I want one.
            Congrats Peewee AND Sue!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by sueunit View Post
              I told peewee he really IS a car guy now, talking in language that is foreign to me.
              I've had conversations with Mr. Forrest and I hate to tell you that's just redneck he's talkin', nothin' to do with car stuff! More than half the time I couldn't understand him either and I speak "car" fluently.

Dan

Comment

• Yeah.... you are just getting started... new suspension and exhaust parts for bullet ordered tonight just hit me to the tune of 1800 bucks, and we're not done yet in our HRPT readiness plan! Just mind you, these are no straight line improvers... new struts, springs, resonator and mufflers...
                Last edited by silver_bullet; March 2, 2017, 09:32 PM.
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Yeah.... you are just getting started... new suspensionand exhaust partsfor bullet ordered tonight just hit meto the tune of 1800 bucks, and we're not done yet in our HRPT readiness plan! Just mind you, these are no straight line improvers... new struts, springs, resonator and mufflers...
                  Yep, I wish I had what I've spent over the last 41 yrs ( when I got 68 Nova ) I could retire easily. But it sure was fun and nope I ain't through!!
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• You know, one of those Blowers would work well on my Vette I think ... Hmmmmm

Comment

• Well, we have finally arrived Pdub. BangShift, blower, willing partner.......how good can it get? Congrats on all of the above! Stay safe.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 3, 2017, 07:08 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• VROOOOOM! Dadgummit, VROOOOM!!!!!

Comment

• Congratulations to both of you two, and Red as well! Feels good to get through such a trial of various problems and overwhelming odds, doesn't it?

Once you have the dyno curves, you can of course post them up. There's a bunch of nonsense about proper shift points out there, but the best straight-line shift point is fairly straightforwards to calculate. Calculate the torque to the tire in each gear, draw a pretty graph, and shift at whatever point keeps the line highest. If you gain torque at the wheel on a shift, you shifted late. If you drop torque to the wheel, you should be shifting later unless redline intrudes. Obviously you also have to include the fact that during the shift the car isn't under power but it's rolling, so the "wasted time" of that shift needs to be balanced out a bit (means you wind up shifting a pinch later than is perfectly ideal usually).

Shifts that want to happen mid-corner or in otherwise inconvenient places throw things off kilter a bit, of course. Pesky corners.

I'll try to remember to run the numbers if you post nice clear curves for me to extrapolate from. There's a cute spreadsheet on the interwebs someplace that is a great tool for doing the math. Using it, I made the "wrong" change in gearing (longer) for a bike and picked up nearly 2mph once. Turns out rules of thumbs are only ideal if you're racing thumbs.

Again congratulations. Hell of a road, but you've made it!
                          Last edited by AndyB; March 3, 2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post

Again congratulations. Hell of a road, but you've made it!
                            Thanks so much Andy, it's like a ....can't quite say a dream. But it went on for weeks and months right there in our garage with cheap tools and no knowledge going into it. and no decent directions as to how to do it. And then one day, I looked in the great big box and there were no more parts left in the box. Like, as it went I honestly expected it to last for years, not months. That moment....hey, that big box is empty. We've put all of those parts on that car. That's it, that's all there is. I was genuinely surprised, that moment when I had not been keeping score on where we were with it, the bigger picture.

Damn, that big assed box is empty. I think we DID it.....HAHAhahahaH!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              Damn, that big assed box is empty. I think we DID it....
                              And so another project is put to rest ... but opens up the door for the next one.
                              Moved to Projects thread.

Comment

• Welcome to the "Projects" thread Mr. Forrest. You remind me of someone.........

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X