Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
    Wanna see that one?
    Uhhhh, OK ... just keep posting what you've got and we'll let you know when it's too much (yeah, right).

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Uhhhh, OK ... just keep posting what you've got and we'll let you know when it's too much (yeah, right).
      Sorry, I'm having too much fun. That blower is just TOO much fun. WAY too much fun. I'll try to restrain myself, but don't count on it...I don't think I can control myself all that much... WhooHOOOOO!!!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Remember having fun racing in the rain?... With this added oomph, probably not be fun no more.. Just saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Remember having fun racing in the rain?... With this added oomph, probably not be fun no more.. Just saying...
          Yeah and be careful with that limited slip with that power in the rain.

Years ago my brother had a 89 5.0 Mustang with GT40 heads, intake, exhaust system and a Vortex making a little over 10 PSI. One of my best memories was giving my mother in law a ride to the bus station. I think the dents from her fingers clutching the dash in shear terror are still there.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Your rev limiter hits really differently from my Crane Hi6 in the Mustang (don't know if they even make them anymore). It drops one cylinder or the other and the engine just sort of lays down and stays at the RPM you dial in to the limiter. It's kind of disappointing - no drama at all.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Remember having fun racing in the rain?... With this added oomph, probably not be fun no more.. Just saying...
              That was in the rookie class. That WAS so much fun. Going slow so much faster than anybody else. Because I've got the tires. But now I've got the engine that will SPIN those tires. Yeah, re-thought required. A whole new deal for sure. Curve. Learning curve. Don't know about wishing for rain anymore....

Comment

• Pdub... You have become the master... I have learned from the wisdom of others, and just signed our family up for AAA... 40 years of driving, and never carried roadside assistance...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Pdub... You have become the master... I have learned from the wisdom of others, and just signed our family up for AAA... 40 years of driving, and never carried roadside assistance...
                  Nor did I alone. Sue Unit suggested it. Yep, it would be good for her if the car makes a funny noise and quits somewhere. So we got it.

And we have it. And we HAD it already. It was Russell who's the genius here, he ponied up USE it. Hellfire it works. It sure does. Like a lucky charm, I never woulda even thought of it in our situation, car broke in the driveway at home because I "worked on it" to the point where I had messed it up and can't drive it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Your rev limiter hits really differently from my Crane Hi6 in the Mustang.....It's kind of disappointing - no drama at all.

Dan
                    At the Ohio Mile with Red and with Bulebelle I found that the rev limiters Are somewhat dramatic. Like turning off the ignition, I guess that's what they do.

But the SPEED limiter on Bluebelle before I got the tuner and turned it off, she would go 111.889 mph and stop accelerating. Just sit there, exactly like the cruise control was set at that speed. No more, no less, no skip, just that's the big IT, all there is.

Comment

• Alot of car insurance companies also include road side assistance, but I avoid USING insurance if at all possible, at it just seems to jack up the rates. AAA Plus seems well worth the price if you use it once or twice a year. I think 4 service calls is the max. Pdub was reluctant, at first. Embarrassed I think, because what kind of car guy would have AAA? A smart one..

Comment

• We've always had it though we use it rarely. Believe it or not, I have had them came and change a flat when I wasn't in the mood.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          We've always had it though we use it rarely. Believe it or not, I have had them came and change a flat when I wasn't in the mood.

Dan
                          A mighty pertinent post in content Dan....

Sue Unit got to thinking about what all's coming up and she overtly volunteered to drive Bubba the Truck to the track. We'll convoy. Bubba's carrying the track wheels and tires, the jack, the tools, etc.

The computer says we'll get Red's street wheels delivered here tomorrow. Provided they fit (they say they will, over and over, and I believe it), we get Red's street tires mounted on them for the street and for the trip to the track and back. Run them always, except for track day, with the track tires on there then.

And the twist. Change the wheels out in the garage. RAAAARRRR< RAAARRRR< RAAAAARRR (air wrench in the garage), piece of cake or pie easy and quick.

At the motel parking lot.....Pull wrench. Floor jack, jack stands....where do we park to do this?.....we'll see if this is a fantastic plan or not, but it looks great going in. Changing a flat is the same as changing a wheel, except when changing wheels you have to do it 4 times. I wonder if you can call AAA and say I need all four of my wheels changed out? And be ready to come back and do it again at the motel Monday afternoon.....I doubt it. HHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by pdub; March 7, 2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• I friend got the AAA wrecker guy to pull a stump out of his yard. He had dug around it pretty thoroughly but couldn't get it to budge and called the wrecker. When it arrived he saw the AAA logo and asked and the guy said he thought so - turned it in as a tow, I guess. So it depends on how "open minded" (creative?) the guy on the wrecker is.....

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; March 7, 2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• open minded or low on funds....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Wait, they've got beacoup electrical outlets in the paddock area at Road Atlanta.. Take the air compressor. Okay, film next week. Never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X