No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And delicious after being strained thru a loaf of bread! (Not that I'm trying that.) Oh - use that outdoors if at all possible. I've handled so much of those kind of chemicals for so long that I barely smell them anymore but sometimes I came in from the shop and ME tells me that I need to do SOMETHING.

Glad Mr. Manifold is looking all handsome.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Glad Mr. Manifold is looking all handsome.

Dan
      HandsomeER at least. And it was a good use for two pairs of Fruit of the Loom briefs that Unit ordered for me online, and they messed something up, those underpants were as big as a Boy Scout pup tent. Santa Claus would have had to use some clothespins to take up the slack in those. But they're great manifold wipers, and then throw them away, good stuff.

And Superman said I would need THIS, and he was right. He's right almost every time. It's amazing, how right he is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000760.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1138542

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Here comes the part of the job that Unit's been dreading to see. I'm not gonna really like it, either. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe. This is gonna take some gumption, and I'm not sure they sell enough gumption at the store.

Name:	P1000761.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1138582

Comment

• The whole front end of the 2006 Mustang is plastic. The face, the front end, the headlights, the car's face is plastic. It's held together with what I call pushpins. It's amazing it doesn't blow off of there at over 100 mph, just how it's made and how it's held on. That's the face of the Mustang and it must work, it always has.

The pushpins have a tendency to break when you are trying to get them off of there. Especially when you already don't know what you're doing.

Comment

• I've had the best luck with those pins by completely pulling the center part out, then removing the other part. They snap back into one unit pretty easily
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• And they're readily available. Find your local auto paint store (sometime incorporated into a REAL parts store like NAPA, etc.). They'll have them by the box and they're pretty cheap. It Red's are the "Christmas Tree" type with just a bunch of fuzzy "branches" sticking out, they often don't reuse very well so the trip to the paint store becomes mandatory. Be aware that there are a seemingly endless variety of these fasteners and don't hesitate to ask for help if you're not sure which ones you need.

To pull them out I usually start with an upholstery tack puller (looks like a tiny set of claws like on a claw hammer, with a screwdriver handle) followed by a diagonal cutting pliers ("Dikes") but not closed all the way so you don't cut them off. Whichever tool, slide under the head and rock them so that the pin pulls up. The tack puller just gets them started so you can get the dikes under there, then again rock the pin out with the dikes (dang that's hard to explain in words). Anyhow, that pops them right out.

It won't be all that hard, really.

Dan

Comment

• pdub

Check this place out. WeeVille Racing sign would look good on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrenchn2 View Post

Check this place out. WeeVille Racing sign would look good on this.
                  What a steal deal! No kidding. That....why is that so cheap? What's wrong with that picture? There has to be a back story to go with that, they're GIVING that away.

But we'll have to bust out all of those windows to make car bays, and install a lot of floor drains that run straight into the creek out back....

Comment

• I don't have any info on that one. I just seen the location didn't look that far from you. I am up in northern Illinois to far for me.

Comment

• Do not buy without doing your due diligence.
                      I am just another enabler kind of like those blower guys

wrenchn2

Comment

• Connectors. My other mortal enemy after hose clamps. Time to take the front end off of the car and there's all of the light connectors. They make me so mad, shuts me down. Stoppage. And SM or Cameron can come over and put a hand on any of them and they pop right off of there. Why are they all so different?

The Crew Chief is trying to sort our way through this latest roadblock.

Name:	P1000763.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1138709

Comment

• Does the workshop manual have any pics of the light connectors?

Comment

• Originally posted by wrenchn2 View Post
                            Does the workshop manual have any pics of the light connectors?
                            We got it done. Together. How many wives want to wrench on a car? Not a whole lot of them.

Name:	P1000766.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1138714

Name:	P1000765.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	1138715

Comment

• We haven't lost the front brake cooling hoses. Yet. I'd hate to lose the use of those, they are a HUGE deal on road courses. But they are completely useless everywhere else on earth. I hope we get to keep them.

Name:	P1000767.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1138717

Comment

• It is nice to be out in the garage with your best friend.
                                Enjoy and don't forget to give her a hand when she needs it.

Good job both of you and have a Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
                                X