Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great stuff Pdub.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by wrenchn2 View Post
      It is nice to be out in the garage with your best friend.
      Enjoy and don't forget to give her a hand when she needs it.

Good job both of you and have a Happy New Year.
      Thanks, and You too w2!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• raise a pint to one another, an remember... there's none better than your life partner! Thanks SU for keepin our pal goin!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          raise a pint to one another, an remember... there's none better than your life partner! Thanks SU for keepin our pal goin!
          VROOM! I still don't think poor Red will ever crank again. But years ago at work they nicknamed me Doomsday peewee.

Comment

• Two heads are better than one, and 4 hands are better than two...most of the time. This is a major project for us, might not be, for long term car guys, but we are fairly new at this. Operative word is WE. We got this, with your help and that of Cameron and Superman. RED WILL CRANK AGAIN!

Comment

• Of course he will. Sue, you are a rare find! Not only do you put up with Peewee you pitch in when he gets discouraged - a real friend as well as a sweetie. I'm crazy about ME but when it comes to the shop I'm pretty much on my own. On the other hand, she handles anything made of cloth so I feel like it comes out even.

You two have the BEST of New Years and don't work too hard on a hangover!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

don't work too hard on a hangover!

Dan
                I think we're working too hard on this car, though an hour or three a day is all we can stand. This is gonna take weeks, months.

And a happy new year to you Dan and everybody here!

I'll stop posting photos of the build because it's nothing all of y'all haven't seen a million times before. I WILL video the restart sometime maybe February. We're gonna push Red out in the driveway to do that. Away from the house. We need somewhere to sleep even if we don't have anything to drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                  Two heads are better than one,
                  well of course 2 heads are better then one.... two heads a V8 make. One head, well, I can't think of anything one head makes well.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

well of course 2 heads are better then one.... two heads a V8 make. One head, well, I can't think of anything one head makes well.
                    But if you head the wrong direction...the English language is entirely too complicated and messed up. But it sounds better than French. WAY better. WAY WAY WAY better.

Comment

• The front end without that nose looks ready to weld DERBY STYLE !. .
                      Unfortunately Mustangs are one hit wonders. Before you huff n puff our, newest derby car 2 years ago was an 08...
                      Stillll, I'd love to add about 8-2 to 3 inch welds on it "just in case" you hit something...

Love how you love birds are working this together.. Much better than a jig saw puzzle?
                      RED WILL ROAR!
                      You guys will do it!

Comment

• Oops forgot my trick getting those push pins off.. Long needle nose pliers with a 45* bend on the end
                        Wiggle it in, squeezing and rocking.. When you get to the shaft, stop squeezing and pry off..
                        I do hundreds of those rvery Crown Vic we do.. Of course, I do NOT have to be careful...

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

VROOM! I still don't think poor Red will ever crank again. But years ago at work they nicknamed me Doomsday peewee.

Just be your normal self P-Dub...Red will eventually get Cranky... Sorry, couldn't let that one lie....
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Oops forgot my trick getting those push pins off.. Long needle nose pliers with a 45* bend on the end
                              Wiggle it in, squeezing and rocking.. When you get to the shaft, stop squeezing and pry off..
                              I do hundreds of those rvery Crown Vic we do.. Of course, I do NOT have to be careful...
                              That works too. I've used the dikes and/or the angled needle nose. The tack puller to get them started helps if you want to save the part that you're removing.

Dan

Comment

• Will he get this running next year?

and spend the $10.00 to buy the tool to remove them - it's a cheap way to save your sanity, and the push pins....
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 31, 2016, 05:41 PM.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X