• Nice!
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• The guy said it's a good thing I didn't drive Red like he was out of the box, it was about 6 times too lean, it woulda burned a piston very soon. And WOW, I'm going to have to learn how to shift smooth again at throttle, a whole new ballgame. WOW, just WOW.

We're going to pass somebody on the track with that, we sure are.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• looks like time for a lot of fun!!! I could only put like once on the video...damn....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• He said he'll send me the power curves readout, he has no printer at the time....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno Readout.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	809.4 KB
ID:	1147918

Comment

• Awesome! Hopefully mine will come back to life this saturday. I finally found a free weekend to wrench on it. I just need to finish a little wiring, plumb up the heat exchanger, and change over the supercharger pulley, oh and double check the fuel pump modifications(no pun intended).

Now that im really thinking about it there are a few more things to add but im just excited I have some free time to spend in the shop!

Hope you and Sue get some free time to put some worry free miles on Red and enjoy.
            CHECK US OUT AT:
            www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post

Hope you and Sue get some free time to put some worry free miles on Red and enjoy.

Comment

• The dyno computer said he got Red up to 140 MPH right then, sitting still. Yep. Red's Reddy. Whatta deal. GYAH, this is why we did that, y'all all said the whole time, this is why. Easy to forget along the way. There it is. Yep! There it is.

EDIT: Finally!
                Last edited by pdub; March 2, 2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Screw the HP.......#403 of torque.......now we're talking!

Very nice. Red's a hot number now for sure.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    Screw the HP.......#403 of torque.......now we're talking!
                    I was studying the dyno screen after a pull. I said, "I sure don't know about all of this, but it looks to me on this graph that I should shift at about 5800. Upward from there, the torque falls off like a rock."

Dyno Daddy said, to paraphrase, "Torque gets you going, but horsepower KEEPS you going." Whatever that means. He said run it to the redline. The pull in the video is not the last pull, he made one more adjustment and did another pull. He lowered the rev limiter. He saw that the fuel pump(s) start falling off at around 6300, he fixed the rev limiter so we don't run it lean when it needs it the most. Lemme tell ya'll, this guy is GOOD. He's done this before. Lots of times on lots of different cars. GYAH Red is ready.
                    Last edited by pdub; March 2, 2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      Dyno Daddy said, to paraphrase, "Torque gets you going, but horsepower KEEPS you going." Whatever that means.
                      Time for some more schooling ... understanding the results of a dyno run and the chart. As your man said; "Torque gets you going, but horsepower KEEPS you going" and in road racing when you slow down for a curve, torque is what gets you back up to speed coming out of the turn apex quickly, not horsepower. Horsepower is at the top end of the rev and keeps you going all out, but you never do that on a road course. It's all get up to speed and then slow down, repeat, repeat, repeat ... over and over and over again.

Comment

• Torque gets you to 5252 rpm, hp takes over after that
                        Right guys? If not ,
                        I'll delete this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

but you never do that on a road course.
                          The heck we don't......I want me some more Daytona, like NOW. But that'll be toward the end of the calendar year. I'm lobbying to tow Red back there. Just to not put so many miles on him getting down there and back. Lots of figuring to make that happen. Might not even happen at all, but let's do Daytona with this setup, we'll pass somebody. We'll pass that black Corvette that passed us and ended up spun out because he didn't know how to drive.

This thing.....holy moley, this thing is FAST. Fast to us, at least. And that's exactly what we ordered. Let the fun begin.

Comment

• I absolutely agree with his tuning choice. In LSR we've seen drag racing guys get in trouble with a peaky drag strip tune. They run at WOT for a few seconds on the strip whereas we run at WOT for a minute or more depending on how fast the car is. I've heard Keith tell guys to "reconsider their tune" - the smart ones do and the dumb ones, well, we pick up rods off the track.

So a great choice and that will be plenty to require a change or two of skivvies (remember to pack same). It will now be possible to exit a turn backwards so sneak up on it!

Also, I'm SO proud of you and Sue and SM for sticking this out. I hope you've learned that you can do more than you think you can. You ARE capable. The fact that you brought in some outside help - well, we pretty much all do.

How's the fuel leak deal?

Dan

Comment

• 438 to the tire is no joke! Congrats! Next, More fuel pump, smaller pulley!
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Red is promising me a joy ride on Sunday, I can hardly wait! Thanks to all of you for your ongoing support. I told peewee he really IS a car guy now, talking in language that is foreign to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X