BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get an electric impact!
    I've had one 20-25 years.. 2 of them, plugged into the wall.
    Kid has Milwaukee brand one. Battery operated! Has a small one, sawzall, circular saw, flashlight and dunno what else..all run off same battery..

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
      Sue Unit got to thinking about what all's coming up and she overtly volunteered to drive Bubba the Truck to the track. We'll convoy. Bubba's carrying the track wheels and tires, the jack, the tools, etc.
      You might want to check out what a lot of the Drag Week guys do .. just tow a small trailer with the race wheels/tires, spare parts, tools and equipment. A small compressor will run anything and having a full size floor Jack helps with tire changes.

Comment

• don't forget the torque wrench! and the key for the wheel locks!
        Last edited by silver_bullet; March 8, 2017, 04:44 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Did any of y'all ever watch the cartoon Ren and Stimpy? "Happy happy Joy joy..." If you ever watched that you'd know what I mean.

The street wheels got here today, they FIT. They sure do, they'll work, and as much as I'm not a thin spoke pattern addict, they really do look nice. Far better than bad.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Better than bad is - um - GOOD!

Super that it worked out - finally. Should those become the race wheels and put the street tires on the current race wheels? (just a thought)

Dan

Comment

• Somebody call the Photographer.....
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Better than bad is - um - GOOD!

Super that it worked out - finally. Should those become the race wheels and put the street tires on the current race wheels? (just a thought)

Dan
                Our contrary thought is the race wheels are so gouged up already, which is manly at a race track. And then cruising on the street looking good on shiny wheels with tires nobody knows have been damaged on a race track.

And DB's suggestion of a battery-electric impact wrench to use that the track/motel, we'll have one of those tomorrow. We've located it here locally. Unit will pick that up when she's out getting the street tires mounted on the new wheels tomorrow.

Deer meat, all of it. DB is the Suggestion King today. Sold, game changer. An impact wrench at the track, ANY impact wrench.

Comment

• I vote good looking one go on the street .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Somebody call the Photographer.....
                    Tomorrow.

EDIT: We're torn....black lugs or silver lugs on the new street wheels? We like them both just as much.
                    Last edited by pdub; March 8, 2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• And Dan Stokes, the new wheels are 9/10's. They will accept a 10-inch tire, but I believe to hammer the snot out of tires/wheels on a road course, you want to have the wheel be as wide as the tire. I think. just thinking.

Comment

• Rewind, I don't think we're going to get the dyno graph from the guy. I called him earlier today, he said I gave him my email addy on a tiny piece of paper (which I did) and he said it blew away from wherever he put it.

I gave him my email addy again on the phone. I don't think we're gonna get it. I would be surprised if we do. But the wheels work. Let's go racin boys!

Comment

Tomorrow.

EDIT: We're torn....black lugs or silver lugs on the new street wheels? We like them both just as much.
                          silver is more durable, and what does the rulebook say? some sanctioning bodies require open ended lugnuts...
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I don't think we're going to get the dyno graph from the guy. I don't think we're gonna get it. I would be surprised if we do!

Comment

Rewind, I don't think we're going to get the dyno graph from the guy. I called him earlier today, he said I gave him my email addy on a tiny piece of paper (which I did) and he said it blew away from wherever he put it.

I gave him my email addy again on the phone. I don't think we're gonna get it. I would be surprised if we do. But the wheels work. Let's go racin boys!

I like that you're always so positive. Mr.P Ray-o-Sunshine dub.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X