BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I like that you're always so positive. Mr.P Ray-o-Sunshine dub.
    You can't force anybody to something that they don't already want to do, out of the goodness of their own heart, a reflex action on their part. If you're not going to do it, you never will. Everybody has their own set of priorities, and not all of our priorities match with one another's. Everybody has their own orbit.

Meanwhile, Unit's taking this pile of stuff to the tire mounting store tomorrow. Glamor shots tomorrow afternoon, such as they are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000835.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1148970

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      silver is more durable, and what does the rulebook say? some sanctioning bodies require open ended lugnuts...
      The only outfit I ran with that required open lugs was ECTA. They, and everybody else don't want to see the center caps on the wheels if they are removable. That's about it. Every sanctioning body is different. It's amazing, the difference. I went to run Road Atlanta with NASA. Mile long straightaway. Huge speed track. They checked the brake lights and said you're good.

Went to run autocross, cones, in a mall parking lot, they danged to nearly took the car apart, busted me for the battery not mounted well enough. Seriously? I mean, really? Yes, seriously.
      Last edited by pdub; March 8, 2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Some derbys check for basics, others put your car on a ramp and check everything, still others decide AFTER YOU WIN if your car passes tech...

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that Bubba needs an upgrade like the beast in the movie Need for Speed! Red is getting more and more like Beauty in that movie!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            still others decide AFTER YOU WIN if your car passes tech...
            How in the WORLD do they do THAT?!?!? After you've busted everything on it.....

Comment

• Street wheels. SM caught me changing them and pointed out they are the exact same pattern as we already had. And they ARE, I hadn't studied them that close. Just new. With a much better factory finish that should hopefully hold up better.

Happy car, happy driver.

Let's drive to the race track boys!

Name:	P1000836.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1149086

Comment

• I like them! You kids have fun and don't smoosh Red.

Dan

Comment

• Well, just one more little thing. Yet another little bump in the pavement.

I checked one of the new wheels on the front, it spun real happy. WIN, dance, celebrate, finally. I was most concerned about the east-west clearance, LOOK at how far these wheels clear the calipers on the front behind the spokes! I never gave any consideration to the north-south clearance. The inside face of the rim versus the top of the caliper. It cleared, they will spin.

Unit took the new wheels up there and got the tires mounted on them, she had to wait about 3 hours. All they had at the tire store was the wheels and tires, they didn't have the car that goes with them. They put the balancing weights on where they usually put them, I guess.

Wheels on the car. Take a photo. Pull the car into the garage, the front calipers are tearing all of the balancing weights off of the front wheels. Not enough clearance for the balancing weights. The rim clears the calipers, but the weights won't.

I know how I'll spend Saturday, waiting in line at the tire store to get the wheels re-balanced with the weights somewhere else on on the wheels. All 4 of them because I'll be rotating them over time. Sue's madder than I am right now about it. That was SO entirely not the tire store's fault, how could they know? They couldn't know, couldn't possibly know.

Comment

• Reds new shoes look great P-Dub.
                    CHECK US OUT AT:
                    www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Pdub...You have seen the movie "Need for Speed" haven't you???
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        Pdub...You have seen the movie "Need for Speed" haven't you???
                        I've for sure played the video game.

The movie, I don't think so. Do they go real fast in the movie?

Comment

• Okay, got the dyno chart from Dyno daddy. I guess this is the final one.

Name:	reds dyno chart.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	1149253

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

I've for sure played the video game.

The movie, I don't think so. Do they go real fast in the movie?
                            It is a moral imperative that you and the Sue Unit watch this movie! Observe "The Beast, and Beauty" you will get the jest of my previous statement.
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• <<<Insert an extremely long string of gross profanity here, and repeat until completely satisfied and emotionally relieved>>>>

They've cancelled the Road Atlanta event because of the "snow" that is predicted in our area Saturday night/Sunday morning.

A good time for us to look up Need for Speed and watch it.

Comment

• I can't even take a decent photo of how close the clearance is between the rim and the front caliper, but it clears.

No, this will not allow a tape-on wheel weight to pass through.

Name:	P1000837.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1149262
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X