No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, thats close!! Im worried about the same thing on mine- I upgraded to 13" cobra brakes, and have the parts to go with 14" GT500 brakes. But Im afraid of clearance.

Friend of mine spent an afternoon shaving down his calipers to fit his wheels... then later he had to do it again to fit his skinnies.
    Local person
    sigpic

Comment

• Bummer, Wees! I'm guessing the "snow" will be a bust.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Bummer, Wees! I'm guessing the "snow" will be a bust.

Dan
        It's for the best. Yeah, It'll snow here, by all illegitimate guesses, but it'll warm up so fast on Sunday morning/afternoon that it'll be completely gone. Roads just wet. We could get to Road Atlanta on Sunday just fine, no issues. And at the track, just rain, all rain.

But there are a whole lot of folks who come to these events from all over the map. If they're trying to get there from the north...yeah, they would be at risk, it'll be worse to the north of here. Best to call it off. I understand that.

We'll try it again in April, already re-scheduled. I'm over it. Cussed when I saw the announcement, but I understand it entirely.
        Last edited by pdub; March 10, 2017, 05:31 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Gives you time to play with your new impact...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Gives you time to play with your new impact...
            Which doesn't do the job. It will NOT bust a lug nut loose torqued to 90 lbs. Crew Chief Unit called the 800 number, they're sending a new charger to go with it. From China. More SBG fodder, Doomsday peewee. Nothing ever works.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
              Wow, thats close!! Im worried about the same thing on mine- I upgraded to 13" cobra brakes, and have the parts to go with 14" GT500 brakes. But Im afraid of clearance.

Friend of mine spent an afternoon shaving down his calipers to fit his wheels... then later he had to do it again to fit his skinnies.
              When we've got over two grand in front calipers.....I'm not going to go grinding on them. That's been the hard part, the mandatory mission to find wheels that will clear them. I think I would grind on the wheels if it came to that, they're worth far less. Just sayin. But grinding for clearance comes at a cost and a risk, either way. Either way, I wouldn't grind, just me. Just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Which doesn't do the job. It will NOT bust a lug nut loose torqued to 90 lbs. Crew Chief Unit called the 800 number, they're sending a new charger to go with it. From China. More SBG fodder, Doomsday peewee. Nothing ever works.
                Our Milwaukee and SnapOn both bust anything loose!
                Break it loose with a bar then spin them off, spin them on then toeque..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Our Milwaukee and SnapOn both bust anything loose!
                  Break it loose with a bar then spin them off, spin them on then toeque..
                  The charger's bad. It got hot as a pistol soon after plugging it in. Burn the house down hot. Try again....

Comment

• I'm gonna put on my short pants and flip-flops and go sweep the driveway and pretend I'm shoveling snow. No, I'll BLOW the driveway and make "vroom" sounds while I'm at it. Dangit.

Comment

• Well.. Better than what I gotta do....
                      Remove a flat tire from my pickup box bed trailer that is cat pissed rusty and replace it with one that holds air.. It is my wife's compost hauling trailer...
                      When your elbows are shot....

Comment

• We are under a winter weather advisory... up to 9" expected starting at 8-9 pm tonight....so how bout you bring your short pants and flip flops up here and melt the snow as it falls....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          We are under a winter weather advisory... up to 9" expected starting at 8-9 pm tonight....so how bout you bring your short pants and flip flops up here and melt the snow as it falls....
                          I'm of foul mood today anyhow, I can't believe they cancelled Red's race because of the weather forecast. And Red's so evermore finally ready to GO. I said I'm "over it," but I'm not. We're sitting here instead of going THERE. The forecast. It's no different than when they shut down the schools when the "forecast" is not favorable. The broadcast from the sanctioning body said they want everybody to be safe, which I'm better than good with, and it included the fact that the weather conditions may make towing trailers "treacherous." Trailers.

I forgot about trailers. When you race on a Monday it's everybody who doesn't have a normal day job, the rich folks, so it's a photo op, bring the camera. Exotic cars. I forgot about that part of it. Yes, I'm pissed and for all the same reasons everything I touch today seems to turn to crap. It's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

HMMMMPH. It'll get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

HMMMMPH. It'll get better.
                            YES IT WILL!!!!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

YES IT WILL!!!!
                              Damn Red's fast now. I was really hoping to do straightaways before all curves, just to get used to him. That's been derailed. The upside is at AMP it would be hard to get hurt. Lots of places to run off of the track, I did it 4 times, learning. Run off and laugh about it. I may just do it again with Red's upgrade....

Comment

• Hit some local sunday drive roads just to get the feel... Practice practice, practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X