No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I am here at GPC... Worked at ADM in Clinton for 23 years before they let me go.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Sooooo, when are you going to add a Ride Tech suspension?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        Sooooo, when are you going to add a Ride Tech suspension?
        <<Index finger held to lips.....>> Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

<<Index finger held to lips.....>> Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Seriously though if you have any suspension questions feel free to PM me. I dont care if it is with my suspension or just suspension in general ill be happy to help. Ive used many different suspensions on these cars so I would be happy to share what I have experienced.
          Last edited by RideTech_Ryan; March 22, 2017, 12:48 PM.
          CHECK US OUT AT:
          www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            Yes, I am here at GPC... Worked at ADM in Clinton for 23 years before they let me go.

I worked at the Washington, Indiana plant for about 8 years
            CHECK US OUT AT:
            www.ridetech.com

Comment

• We'll have to talk somewhere during the first two orthree venues on Power Tour if you're going!
              Last edited by silver_bullet; March 22, 2017, 02:14 PM.
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post

Seriously though if you have any suspension questions feel free to PM me. I dont care if it is with my suspension or just suspension in general ill be happy to help. Ive used many different suspensions on these cars so I would be happy to share what I have experienced.
                Ryan, you and everybody here have been SO much technical help and advice (and emotional support) during the years-long build. You'd better believe if I want to do a suspension upgrade it'll be yours AND directly from you.

The thing right now is, the car was much better than the driver even before the major horsepower upgrade. We'll see. If I ever get so good (so much better) on a road course that I think I should think about the suspension, that's what I'll do for sure. It'll be RideTech. No doubt, not a second thought because I know you're on the line for help even when you didn't have to be already. Thanks so much un-met great friend!
                Last edited by pdub; March 22, 2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

Ryan, you and everybody here have been SO much technical help and advice (and emotional support) during the years-long build. You'd better believe if I want to do a suspension upgrade it'll be yours AND directly from you.

The thing right now is, the car was much better than the driver even before the major horsepower upgrade. We'll see. If I ever get so good (so much better) on a road course that I think I should think about the suspension, that's what I'll do for sure. It'll be RideTech. No doubt, not a second thought because I know you're on the line for help even when you didn't have to be already. Thanks so much un-met great friend!
                  Dub... I am just going to say this... as we all know, a great driver can make a pig of a car into a winner, albeit, as long as he is used to it and knows it's capabilities...that will come with practice...but as myself, Ryan and others will tell you, even a great driver will see improvements from suspension and suspension tuning... that is why the Bullet is getting BMR rear control arms... over 500 clams...it got ZZP control arms last year... larger anti-sway bars and all poly bushings... we have also installed chrome moly strut braces and KYB AGX struts..
                  next we will be adding bigger brakes on all four corners... I of all people know that one has to work on a budget...so take your time...eventually you will have a Shelby on a budget!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

.eventually you will have a Shelby on a budget!
                    The suspension....I think that has to do with what you're going to do with it. The kid across the street has an 05-09 Mustang GT convertible (I don't even know what year), loud pipes with some stout undercarriage parts, a little bit lowered. He bought it used, built that way, his dad doesn't even know what it is. What's he going to do with that? Cruise and look and sound cool. He'll never use the suspension parts to their design by cruising. Just sayin. Just sayin.

Comment

• You will eventually enjoy Red to the edge of his/her capabilities... moreso than any kid on the street...that is why we follow your thread and attempt to give you the best advise possible...you will understand with no doubt why I suggested the rear brake upgrade even more now that Red had more ponies!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

...you will understand with no doubt why I suggested the rear brake upgrade even more now that Red had more ponies!
                        Oh, I understand it alright, and thank you again for that recommendation My Friend. Already, way before the ponies were installed. All four corners are happy now under duress. Until the right rear caliper blew a seal at AMP, I don't know why, it wasn't because of temperature. Hopefully that episode was a one-and-done, we ran at the Daytona road course, the hardest and longest and fastest braking track I could ever imagine and the new seal from SSBC performed like a champ, and it's still on there now.

That blown seal (both of them) garnered a lot of talk about brake bias, and from all I can ever find out, there's no such thing as bias on an 06 Mustang. However, we blew a stock brake seal on the right rear and then a hotrod brake caliper seal on the right rear. Can't find out a valid reason why, or how to fix it. In both cases, it was not exactly "blown," like all of a sudden can't stop, it was just leaking profusely, enough left to get us back home.

Comment

• What I'm trying to say pee wee, is that I know it's a money issue, but eventually when the money is there you will probably want to do suspension. It's as much of a night-and-day experience as the brakes are!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

It's as much of a night-and-day experience as the brakes are!
                            That, SIR, is hard to even imagine right now. The brakes AND the horsepower, and we haven't even put those together at the same time on the track yet. But we will, next weekend.

And add ANOTHER game-changing factor like suspension after THAT?.....My brain may explode....

There HAS to be a law or regulation or something against that, way too much fun.

The driver's not ready, that's all I'M sayin!
                            Last edited by pdub; March 23, 2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• point #1:
                              The driver doesn't assume he's ready which is a great thing!
                              point #2:
                              Your melon exploding would be a BAD thingy...
                              point #3:
                              There is no such thing as too much fun!!!
                              (ask Sue Unit for clarification)

Point #4:
                              We may have to visit you sometime this summer... I think the last decent handshake I got from you was at Uncle Mike Copeland's shop....
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

:
                                We may have to visit you sometime this summer... I think the last decent handshake I got from you was at Uncle Mike Copeland's shop....
                                Call us from our driveway, that's all the notification we need. PM me if you need the coordinates ahead of time. Y'all are welcome to stay the night but you already said y'all will be in a hurry to get somewhere else. Whatever works for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X