No announcement yet.

350 Vega project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little update. The rear is back in and all buttoned up. I have been bleeding the brakes and I'm not happy with the feel. I haven't taken it for a ride yet but I'm probably going to have to fix something. I kinda fixed the strip on the side for now.
    Up front I'm in the process of installing a nitrous kit
    I've added a Holley blue pump and half inch line all the way. I also have a 4" lift off hood on the way.
    So, I have a shifter to put in, and some wiring to do.

Comment

• dang, that's some serious kit.... nice!
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        dang, that's some serious kit.... nice!
        It's just a couple of NOS Cheater solonoids on a 1/2" plate. I'm pretty sure they can support somewhere around 250 hp but I don't have any intentions of trying that much right now. I've been thinking about trying an NOS Launcher or some type of progressive controller and seeing what I could get away with power wise.
        I kind of have a goal in the back of my head right now of sub 8.0 second laps (1/8th) which should be around mid 12's in the 1/4 mile. I don't think that would be to bad for a street car that everything works, full interior, and 91 octane.

Comment

• I think getting traction "might" be a wee problem?
          Sounds like a fun toy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            I think getting traction "might" be a wee problem?
            Sounds like a fun toy!
            It used to be pretty bad, I thought I could drive through it and figure out how to launch it but with old p185 all season Sears radials and an open rear with 2.93 gears plus a couple of broken shocks it wasn't any use. With a full tank of gas and about 100lbs in the back being real careful with the gas pedal I think it got a 2.2 something 60ft. Oh yeah, it had 26 degrees of timing too!
            Hopefully it should hook a little better now. The tires I have for it right now are not much. G60-15's IMCA used dirt tires. I have 4 of them by chance they do work. If not I'll get a set of 255 drag radials.

Comment

• You'll figure it out..
              Had to learn what worked with a 500 caddy in my derby cars.. Pumping the throttle worked very well..

Comment

• Comment

• My hood arrived today!

Comment

• I have a new shifter now and iveI been cleaning up the inside waiting for the snow to melt.
                    i should be testing it out next week.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Man does this look like a fun little rocketship....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by blackZ View Post

It's just a couple of NOS Cheater solonoids on a 1/2" plate. I'm pretty sure they can support somewhere around 250 hp but I don't have any intentions of trying that much right now. I've been thinking about trying an NOS Launcher or some type of progressive controller and seeing what I could get away with power wise.
                        I kind of have a goal in the back of my head right now of sub 8.0 second laps (1/8th) which should be around mid 12's in the 1/4 mile. I don't think that would be to bad for a street car that everything works, full interior, and 91 octane.

a V8 vega should (with traction) run mid 12's without needing nitrous,
                        even a 300hp motor with a sub 2500lb curb weight makes a rocketship....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

a V8 vega should (with traction) run mid 12's without needing nitrous,
                          even a 300hp motor with a sub 2500lb curb weight makes a rocketship....
                          I would be pretty happy if that happens. There is a gravel pit a mile or so from my house so I was thinking about asking them if I could weight it there.
                          i really wish I would have got a before weight so I can see how much I've added to it.

Comment

• Comment

• WOW...Awesome!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• looking real good...that a factory 'luminum bumper i see hanging of the front?
                                i moved our front plate to the center and hung it off the swaybar with hoseclamps...

all KINDS of "appallachian 'merican" engineering going on in MY garage....

Comment

Working...
                                X