No announcement yet.

350 Vega project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the Volvo, too. I know a guy who has one of those, but pretty much stock.

Dan

Comment

• Yeah, that Volvo is pretty neat. He was having a hard time hooking up down track.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Here is one of my runs from last Saturday, it started to spin the tires and hop a little.
              Skip ahead to about 1:15 or so.

Comment

• I guess its been a little while since I updated things here.
                I've been playing around with the wide band and nitrous and have gotten to a point where I thought I needed to make some upgrades. The next thing was a set of little 26x8 Hoosier slicks Do6. They helped out quite a bit on the launch but I was still spinning from the top of first gear and a ways into second.
                I tried to play with the ladder bars a little but I probably don't know enough about that to make a big difference.
                The next upgrades that I just added but haven't tried yet are a set of 90/10 front shocks and a progressive controller for the nitrous.
                I'm hoping to get it out the weekend of 10-12-18 and see what it will do.

Comment

• It's December and pretty much I haven't done anything with the vega. Ive been busy gathering parts and working on the camaro,
                  A opportunity arose for me to get a forged short block and since I have a better idea of how I want to run this car I'm going to redo a few things.
                  The last time I had it out it didn't do so well, I went up a little on the nitrous and it actually slowed down quite a bit....to the point I had to let off about a second after I hit the button, even with the new slicks.
                  Here is my plan as of right now, new short block with forged flat top pistons, same old heads with maybe a valve job and a shave. I'll gap the rings for a 200 shot, get a nitrous cam, use a victor 4x4 intake and switch converters to a 3500.
                  I'm open to cam suggestions, I'm looking at old school flat hyd cams right now.

Comment

• from the sound of that run you need a shift kit or a valvebody BAD--
                    unless it was spinning on the shifts, in which case disregard that.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                      from the sound of that run you need a shift kit or a valvebody BAD--
                      unless it was spinning on the shifts, in which case disregard that.....
                      Yes, its spinning. If you are referring to the videos I had installed a Trans-go shift kit at the time. I've since added a progressive controller, 90/10 front shocks and a set of 26x8 Hoosier slicks. I also raised the front of the ladder bars up a little.
                      The only thing I've been able to use were the slicks, which in 3 runs I went from 15, to 12, and finally settled on 8 psi. The tires still spun though so I'm hoping the progressive controller and 90/10's will help.
                      About the only few things I've been doing is since I have the A/F ratio around 11.7:1 now is play with the timing. Right now it's probably more my driving than anything else trying to get it to hook a little better but the top end seems to be getting better.

Comment

• Comment

• Its been a while but I have a few updates. I was able to make a few more runs with it this year and decided a torque converter change was necessary. The old B&M 2500 was only stalling around 2000 so I put in a 4000 stall. Now it goes to about 32-3300. I made a few changes to the carb along with playing with the fuel pressure on the nitrous kit thanks to the wide band o2. Basically all I do now before a run is turn the dial on the progressive system and see what it does.
                          They had a little race on a private air strip in Jamestown, ND earlier this year. I ended up drawing the number 1 chip so I was the first run, I tried to play it safe since I had no idea what to do other that how it does on the road by my house.
                          Last edited by blackZ; September 21, 2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Here is another video on a somewhat prepped track, The delay was set at 2 seconds, which in hindsight it could have taken less.

Comment

Working...
                            X